1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is there a way to keep both Viconia and Keldorn in the party?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Balic, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Balic Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I heard that they end up fighting each other and whatnot, but I want to have them both... Is there a way to do that...?

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Short answer: Yes!
    Long answer: You need to install the 'Ease of Use' Mod. You don't have to install all the different parts of the mod, but there is a component that makes all the party members stay in the group...IIRC it also keeps them from leaving your party if your reputation goes past their breaking point.
    You can find it on SP, but for a direct link, go to WeiDU's main page It's a site hosted by SP and it holds a lot of great mods...not to mention the greatest thing to hit BG2 since ToB (WeiDU itself)! :thumb: :rolling:

3. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I beat the game once with both of them in the party. Each time they fought I just loaded a saave game, and in the expansion that must not be named they finally stopped fighting.

4. WrathOfGod Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

MEN YOU CAN KEEP THEM i have kept them without instal nothing !!!!!!!!! with much work and thinking you can keep them !!!!!1

5. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

When ever they begin to fight just reload and make sure that this time you keep them as far apart as possible. 1/2 a screen width should do. Repeat until you finish SoA or complete her romance.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm not bringing either into my party this time around though, but seriously? this works?

7. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Yup, it does.

8. Arawn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

When this has been up before, it's been suggested to maze one of them. When they return they have calmed down.

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think it's luck of the draw. I haven't had a problem with both of them in my party. I've heard that a high charisma will help, but that appears to not be the case in other posts I've read.

The conversation thread in question appears to be random -- you may be able to keep them if you reload to the previous saved game before the fight.

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I can confirm that this is true - I have done it a couple of times. Luckily the dialogue thread tends not to pop up very frequently - for me it seems to happen only once or twice per game.

11. Shrikant

The dialogue almost always seems to come back for me. Quick load only helped in that I was able to move them away from each other. If left alone Keldy would again pick on Viccy.
    Next time I'm gonna make a party with Minsc and Edwin and see if I can them through SoA. Anyone know if Minsc tries to behead Edwina?

12. Wil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

In my experience, the fight between Prig and Viccy occurs very soon, while the one between Minsc & Edwin can never happen. I was pretty late in the game with a paladin and it didn't occur once.
    With a mere dwarven fighter it did in Spellhold.

13. Shrikant

So the PCs Char stat has something to do with if and when these guys fight? Does wearing the 'Ring of Human Influence' help?

14. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I'm not sure, but I think yes...

BTW, as far as I know, with 18 charisma (from ring, base charisma 17) Viconia does not leave your party even if your rep keeps on 20. However, with 17 she will leave after I don't know how many "I won't travel with fools"
    Although to be honest I have not had Keldorn and Viconia in my party for any longer time, so I don't know if charisma helps there.

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Kinda off topicish but Edwin leaves at around the same time as Viconia does (re:reputation).

16. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Charisma has no effect on whether your party members leave due to reputation. Both the Edwin-Minsc conflict and the Keldorn-Viconia conflict are triggered by random banters, so it is entirely possible in both cases that you could keep a pair without ever having a conflict.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.