1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is there a way to make a multi or dual class use blades?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Is there a way to get multi-clerics or dual clerics to be able to use bladed items. Some mod or something? Maybe in the ee keeper?

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's possible to mod it, yes, so I'm sure there's one out there that will do that for you. If not, it's a fairly simple WeiDU script to find and alter usability flags on all swords. Using EE keeper will allow you to equip the weapon and give yourself proficiency points if you want a quick and dirty hack.

3. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I know nothing about scripting so the WeiDU can't get off the ground :)
    The problem with doing it with EE Keeper is that I always swap out to missile weapons when not in melee. Pick them down as they get close then hack and slash. That's also why I can't use the Zerth Blade :(
    I'll have to look around I guess :)

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Well, if you only want to use one specific weapon, you can always open it up in NearInfinity or DLTCEP and edit it manually.

I don't think I'll ever understand what was going through the developers' minds when they decided they were gonna put usability flags on every single item in the game.

5. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    I have no idea what those 2 things are. I definitely don't know how to use them. Lol.
    Is it hard to figure out?

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    They're both fairly easy to figure out.

7. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Do they both due basically the same thing or is one different from the other?

8. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    they're both Infinity Engine browsers/editors.
    They're not hard to use if you know what you are doing.
    I made you a quick tutorial on near infinity :

1. Go to menu, choose "Game" -> "Open file" and browse to your game folder, open the CHITIN.KEY file.
    2. after the program has loaded the resources, go to the menu again and choose "Search" -> "CRE/ITM/SPL/STO" option.
    3. in the new window that opens, be sure to check the item option first, then type in (part of) the name of the item you want to edit, and click search.
    If the right item is found, you can press open to view the item's details.
    4. new screen opens shwing the items details, confirm that you've picked the right one to edit, then click the "Edit" tab near the top.
    5. You'll get a list of properties, the one you want to edit in this case is "unusable by" - click it, then at the bottom checkboxes will appear allowing you to change which classes can't use the item. to make it usable for clerics, uncheck the cleric box, same thing for the multi-class clerics options if you are using a multiclass cleric.

You might notice there's multiple "unusable by" ( 1/4 through 4/4) options - denoting kitted classes, if you are using a cleric of talos/helm/lathander, you'll need to uncheck those options here as well.

once done with your edits, you can click save and a file will automatically be made in the game's override folder. (leaving the original intact)
    That's pretty much it, you're done editing the item after these steps. :D
    It might be a good idea to write the name of the file down somewhere if you want to remove it later.

[​IMG]

9. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Does it matter where I install NearInfinity-20150604.zip to?
    I just dl the NI and the source code (zip) but haven't installed them yet.

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    There's no installation with NI, you just extract the archive into any folder and run the JAR file (you need Java installed though).

11. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    Like keneth said, it's just a single file that wil execute when you open it, i put it in a folder on my desktop where i've also got my EEkeeper saved and it runs without a problem :)

12. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Do I need the source code file as well? If so where do I install it to? Into the main NI folder?

13. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    You don't need the source files. Those are just there for people who want to edit and compile their own version of the software.

14. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    There's no exe file?

15. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    No. If you have Java installed on your system, the JAR file should be executable.

16. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    exactly, the .jar file is the executable. you can get java here if you don't have it : https://java.com/nl/download/

17. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    I don't have a JAR file. I have
    sub folder "lib",
    sub folder "src"
    files ".classpath", ".gitattributes", ".project", "build" and "README.md

18. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    If there's no JAR file, then you downloaded only the source files. Click here.

---------- Added 0 hours, 7 minutes and 39 seconds later... ----------

Oh, wait, looks like someone else is actually upkeeping NI again in their own branch. You can find the latest version here.

19. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    GOT IT GOING!!! Thanks!!!!!

And thank you xosmi for the picture walk through. Doubt I could have figured it out with out them :tobattle:

20. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    Good to hear, and no problem. :)
    Near infinity is quite a powerful tool to read out and edit the infinity engine game's resouces, though figuring out how to do the things you want in it can be a bit confusing at times :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.