1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

IWD in BG2 - Unique Party Advice

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Blades of Vanatar, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have the IWD in BG2 mod loaded up. With other mods including kits, etc... This opens up a lot of options for IWD. I love the fact that you can now have Half-Orcs, Barbarians, Monks, Sorcerers and Kits. I have played through the game a while back with the IWD NPCs. Now I will try again with a fully made party be yours truly. I am looking for a fun, challenging and unique type of party build and am looking for suggestions. There is a bit more scrolls available now, which makes mulitple Mages in the party more of a viable option. I was thinking of going with the following....

# 1 - Half-Orc Barbarian - A must!
    # 2 - Elf Sorcerer - Another must!
    # 3 - Half-Elf Shapeshifter
    # 4 - Human Bounty Hunter/Mage- Probably dualled after level 8.
    # 5 - Human Ranger - Gotta have a Ranger in IWD. (Thinking Archer though I might go Vanilla Ranger for the extra Armor/Melee potential)
    # 6 - ???

Not sure on the last spot, as I am thinking Kensai or Monk, but that doesn't leave me much of a Tank unless I go Vanilla Ranger in Spot # 5. Thinking about a Pally-Undead Hunter, a Blade or a Cleric of Lathander. I also like the modded kit "Knight" which is a fighter Kit with high Charisma(+1 bonus at creation), but is limited to **** in Long or Bastard Swords, but that would leave me with no Clerics.

2. MrMermaid

MrMermaid Reality is merely an illusion, albeit persistent Resourceful

Doesn't the barb fill the tank role? I would take a F/D or similar; druids are incredible in IWD.

On a separate note, what difficulty do you play this on? I had problems on Insane where it was way too easy, and hence got boring very quickly, so eventually I gave up on this mod. I'm still in love with vanilla IWD, I think it's a beautiful game (possibly even vies for my favourite IE game, against SoA).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.