1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Keldorn with Korgan and Edwin?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Isshy, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Isshy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

If Keldorn is in the same party as Korgan and Edwin will they end up fighting each other like Minsc and Edwin? Or will one of them end up quitting the party? I will keep an average reputation. (I am upping the difficulty slider...looking for a powerful party).

2. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

I've read that Edwin and Keldorn can have problems, but I've never seen it myself (and completed SoA with both in the party).

Korgan was in that same party and has no problems at all with Keldorn. As a matter of fact, they've got a pretty neat banter together!

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Edwin will go off on Keldorn and they'll have it out, but strangely Keldorn seems to appreciate Korgan's fighting skills.

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I've never seen Keldorn and Edwin fight it out, and I've had them together for rather long periods of time. Odd.

5. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Same here. I also played all through SOA with Minsc and Edwin, and they never fought. I would guess these things happen a bit randomly.

6. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Felinoid, have you actually had the two (Keldorn and Edwin) fight each other?

I'm not doubting you, but I still haven't seen any hard evidence of these two fighting to the point where combat starts or one just leaves the party.

7. Felinoid

If you keep them separated (or use the CLUA trick) you shouldn't have any problems, but otherwise you'll have to watch out.

8. Ziad

Media:
    Fel, you haven't answered the question :)

In fact I really want to know now if you've seen it happen in-game, because otherwise this means the script is somehow either inactivated or bugged.

9. Felinoid

I've followed the "fight" variable into Edwin's and Keldorn's personal scripts, and everything is set up fine. So long as all the conditions are met (proximity of the two, Edwin being male, etc.) long enough for it to trigger, it will happen. Of course, there are a number of ways around this:

1. Keep them from getting too close (not that hard to do with one being a tank and the other a spellcaster)
    2. Keep Edwin female :lol:
    3. CLUA trick to disable banter possibility

10. Ziad

Media:
    I bet that's why none of us saw this happen. These two rarely walk next to each other, and considering the boots of speed no longer work on Edwin after his quest he tends to lag behind the others.

:lol:

11. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Most of the game banter would depend upon you your characters are placed. If Edwin is not next to Keldron than no interaction should occur. If they are next to one another than the interaction will occur. In BG1 Minsc and Edwin will have it out if they are near each other. If not than nothing bad will come about it.

Also on a side note: In BG1 Viconcia actually complimented the PC, if male and if they are next to each other.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.