1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Killing Drizzt

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by reijek hidesman, Jul 8, 2001.

1. Neitsabes-Naej Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

***spoilish*******
    I've killed Drizzt 'cause He represent a great Challenge and my Evil Fighter was tired of easy opponent...And it felt good to kill that supposed to be Drow who wasn't even worthy to please a Matron mother. Drizzt represent everything my main Character hate. That is why He died...Also, why a damn level 16 ranger would ask my help to fight some little-easy-to-kill gnoll ?? Drizzt deserved to die...mouhahahahahahahaha !!!

I've encounter him again with all is party in BG2 and again it was a real pleasure to get rid a that little dark pest...At least Viconia was able to please me in some nice experienced ways (that is why She is still alive).

2. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I dont get why people would want to kill Drizzt. Out of curiosity if you cheated to get Drizzt's stuff does he still want it in BG2.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  4. Neitsabes-Naej Gems: 3/31

To: kemanmaldea

If you play chaotic evil Drizzt's head is the greatest trophee around...It's seems logical enough that We want to kill him no ?

5. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Here is the "Real" Drizzt. This may explain a little more of why it is hard to kill him.

Level: 16
    HP: 92
    AC: -10
    THAC0: 0

Str: 13
    Dex: 20
    Con: 15
    Int: 17
    Wis: 17
    Cha: 14

Saving Throws:
    PPDM: 1
    RSW: 3
    PP: 3
    BW: 4
    Spells: 5

Resistances:
    Magic: 98%
    Peircing Damage: 30%
    Slashing Damage: 30%

# Attacks per round: 10

This information was taken directly from the Infinity Engine Explorer, A usefull tool to have if you wish to find out information like this.

6. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31

But yousee I dont play as evil which is why I dont try to kill him I do want his stuff though. Stinks that he still wants it.

7. Neitsabes-Naej Gems: 3/31

With no patch and without ToSC you can pick-pocket him for Frostbrand+3 and Twinkle +5 but not Mithril chain +4.

With ToSC installed or the game patched, you can only pick-pocket for Frostbrand+3.

Pick-pocketing isn't evil.
    In the other hand pick-pocketing Drizz't wouldn't be really good...'cause He's a good aligned Hero. For example, I would not find realistic that Imoen pick-pocket Drizz't...But hey, it is just my thought, and I'm usually a deep role player so...It is up to you.

You have to be good to use Twinkle, and it is a real powerfull item (+5 !!)...

If you obtain some of Drizz't equipment by pick-pocket, don't worry, you'll keep them 'till the end of BG1.

8. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Drizzt has the best swords in the game.Not just one of them but both of them. If you're anything but good you should kill him for that stuff since he is 'too weak' to handle some gnolls. If your good you should kill him because he has the best weapon in the game and he's not going to use it to help you and you are the main character not Drizzt. Also of note, they made him killable so that makes him available.If you weren't supposed to kill him then he would have been like that skull collecting dude in PST. And whats a little adventure without a real challenge. Killing Drizzt is a challenge and it's worth it.

[This message has been edited by Slackertoast (edited July 29, 2001).]

9. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31

I pickpoketed drizzt and got the chain mail whats with that? i am a lvl 6(theif) dualed to a lvl 7(mage) i have 130 on both pickpockets and open locks, and would it matter that i was under an invisibility spell at the time i pickpocketed him?

10. Neitsabes-Naej Gems: 3/31

Slackertoast:
    Killing Drizz't while being good aligned wouldn't be role playing....but it is up to your game. Play it like you want. If you are Powerplaying without any interrest to the story realism you totally right !! Especially that you have to be good to use "Defender+5 twinkle"...

[sOv]Storm:
    You pick-pocketed Drizz't's Mithril chain+4 ????!!!!!
    Hmmmmmmm....That is not supposed to happen.
    If you don't have ToSC installed you're supposed to be able to PP the 2 swords only. If you have ToSC isntalled your supposed to be able to PP only Frostbrand+3. After having pickpocket that it should write "Target has no valid item" when you PP him again.

Does anyone ever experienced what happened to [sOv]Storm ??

[This message has been edited by Neitsabes-Naej (edited July 26, 2001).]

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    All of you who are about to kill him, at least learn to spell his name right. :rolleyes:

It's Drizzt, not Drizz't or Drizzit or anything else.

12. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Why is everyone so obssessed with killing Drizzt? So he's got powerful weapons, big deal. Put it this way, what would you do if in the game some nutters decided to kill you for your equipment, or steal it all? Is Elminster next on your conquests? I think that Black Isle should have put Drizzt's skill level at what is implied in the books, the best fighter in Faerun, able to take out half a dozen level 8 adventurers easily. After all, he takes out daemons and dens of giants single handedly.
    Leave him as an ally, and point your swords to the truly deserving. Kobold commandos in Firewins bridge and Khalid being my joint first choices.

13. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

O.k. sorry about the spelling. Reasons for killing Drizzt:
    Good Chars:
    I don't remember the conversation with Drizzt.If your main character knew about him and his history before you met than all but answer 1 are inaccurate.
    1.Powergamer.
    2.He's a drow and they are evil.
    3.This is the second drow you've met it makes you feel very uneasy having multiple drow above ground.The first was evil. And this one 'needs help'.Whatever, Drow never need help.
    4.There is no capture or knockout, so no middleman methods are avail.Only options are let drow go or kill drow.
    5.Your main char is an elf.
    Neutral:
    1.Powergamer
    2.You think you can do better with those items than he can.
    3.You need the items more than he does you are trying to keep the balance or at least get it in your favor.
    4.He's a drow and they're evil.Not many people see a drow and live much longer.
    Evil:
    1.Powergamer
    2.You don't need any explanations for evil.

Also Remember that Drizzt is a challenge. That should be reason enough for any true gamer.

14. Neitsabes-Naej Gems: 3/31

Taluntain:
    Sorry. Drizzt it is, Drizzt I'll now write. You like him a lot don't you ? I never read any of those books where is the hero in it...

Slackertoast:
    Good post. I couldn't find any reason for good aligned to kill him but I agree with the reasons you give.
    I would even say: why a paladin would help a drow in a fight ? Does anyone in the sword coast is supposed to know Drizzt ?

15. Taluntain

Media:
    Drizzt should not be totally unknown, since his infamy and rumours about it have spread quite far.

Read some books about him, they're pretty good. (Try Dark Elf Trilogy and Icewind Dale Trilogy for starters.)

16. Neitsabes-Naej Gems: 3/31

Thanks Taluntain. I'll try to find and read them...

17. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31

Tal right the books are very good as is true with almost everything R.A. Salvatore puts out.

18. NAZAR Gems: 3/31

Why in The Nine Hells Would You Want to Kill Drizzt. He Is My Hero :) You Must Be a Really Evil Little Man.

19. Neitsabes-Naej Gems: 3/31

Nazar:
    Yes, I am indeed little (5 foot 9) and I am indeed evil. And it is because He is a Hero that I've killed him.

20. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I dont't like this Drizzt guy, he's an annoying character. Ok, the Dark Elf trilogy isn't very bad (the best FR series I've ever red, but these series suck)but Drizzt is a pathetic boy. He's a sooo great hero I like to kill him. Yes, he has his little friends in BGII, but they're weak.

[This message has been edited by Alyr Arkhon (edited July 30, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.