1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

[Kingmaker] Of unrequited love and the unavoidable hazards of door passing (aka "HALP PLZ")

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Monsieur Sanglier, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Monsieur Sanglier Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Heyyo all! I've had two small issues with this module lately, here's what I'm struggling with: 1) finishing all three Stan's quests before the vote (damn that hellish lil' Alias popping out from another dimension to kill my mojo), and 2) fulfilling Kaidala's romance (with a female character).

Concerning the first issue, I'd need the map tags of South and North Cyan Keep, to be able to jump between them with the console command (bypassing the dreaded Doors of Murder-Inducing Scout's Ambushes with Yenna's mirror has its limits sadly). I've tried to find these map tags everywhere, even downloading NWN Explorer and rummaging through the data files, alas without any luck.
    About the second issue, I've read the romance path with Kaidala is quite broken, what with scripts not firing or something. I can't seem to find every trigger-points and there isn't any new dialog option after she asks my opinion about settling down (I never got her acorn to plant in the hidden grove). Can't think of a solution, maybe advancing her quest through console commands?

I'm at loss guys, can you help? ;/

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  2. Monsieur Sanglier Gems: 1/31

Alright, I've found some help online, the first part of the problem is solved: the dwarves are feasting, eating, drinking, banging in their halls, Indy/Ohio is playing would-be archaeologist in his recently acquired tomb of unending undeads (whatever floats his boat), kobolds discovered the joys of vegetarianism and are tripping balls in their honey-smeared squatcaves, the cows are free, the peasants are happy, Stan's happy and I'm happy (and rich). Everything's gud.

Now, to finish this Kaidala's romance! Does someone know console commands to trigger quests?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Taluntain likes this.
  3. Monsieur Sanglier Gems: 1/31

On a side note: wrecked every single campaign/module (from SoU to that soul-sucking Infinite Dungeons) months ago, now there's just this one tiny little loose end to tie before I'm definitely done. Really guys, I'm still up for any solution, just can't stand unfinished businesses .-.

4. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Can't say as I've ever played that module, even though I've run through HotU at least 10 times.

5. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

There's still a lot of very noteworthy fan created modules. The NWN rabbit hole never ends.

I recently went through Pirates of the Sword Coast myself for the first time. Kingmaker I had played years ago with a sorcerer and remember that romance working fine including the planting the acorn part. Maybe opening it up in the toolset might find you the answer if you know how to navigate it. Her dialogues might have the variables or the hidden grove area might have the trigger point, i'm not familiar with how it actually works.

6. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Sorry to bring back an old thread; just playing through this module now and having the same problem. I've been trying to find a strategy guide to figure out what the deal is. I got her to ask what I'm looking for in a romance as a male character and I wasn't sure what answers to give. I get the impression that I goofed because right away after the convo my other companion started hitting on her hard at every chance. Oddly enough the link to here is still in the top five or so on google. Anyone got any clues?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.