1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kitrax's Goodbye

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Kitrax, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. chocula Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You guys are amazing!
    Awesome group here :D

Chandos the Red likes this.
  3. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Totally and completey shocked. Never met Kit in real life but he helped me with alot of computer issues. He will be missed.

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It appears Kit's family (I assume) has removed his Facebook page. I can't seem to find it. Surprising, but understandable.

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yes, the page seems to be removed. His picture no longer appears on my friends list. He will be remembered here.

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    In my newspaper today:

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just realized I hadn't donated yet. Decided to chip in a bit for SP too. :)

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thanks, I've extended your SPS subscription.

$57 more has come in since my last count, bringing the total to $772. We'll be wrapping up the donation drive over the weekend so if anyone still intends to donate, please do it as soon as possible.

Anyone who would like to contribute towards helping his family with the funeral expenses can do so on this page via PayPal. Having a PayPal account is NOT required to donate - all you need is a credit card.

If you would like to send money some other way, please contact me via a private message.

9. Topken

Topken Elven-dragon wizard

Its nice to see so many people come together in this time of need. I am sure Kitrax's family will be happy to receive all the help they can get with this situation.

I would donate if I had the money or the means to.

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I got an e-mail saying that PayPal congratulates me with my first transaction. So I guess I made it in time. :) I guess I'll remember my first transaction (and the reason) for quite a while. :)

11. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    What better reason could there be?

12. tsiah Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Death Rabbit sent me the link to this thread on facebook.

I've been friends with Aaron for the past 2 years and he will be sorely missed.
    It's great that your community raised those funds to help his family!

I just wanted to post up and thank everyone for their kind words and stories. He was a great guy and friend!

If anyone would like to write something his family can read/print/keep, there's a guest book with his obituary here

edit: just read back a few pages and saw that someone had already posted the obit. I'll leave it up tho :)

After we heard the news on the 1st, our group of friends went to our other mom's house to comfort each other and remember Aaron. One of our friends has the same ringtone on his phone that I had for Aaron on my phone and when the phone started ringing I thought for sure it was Aaron calling to say it was sort of sick joke. My heart did a somersault! Then there was that sickening "oh ya..." moment and I started crying all over again.
    Life will not be the same without him.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] OK, we'll conclude the donation appeal at this point. After PayPal's expenses, the final amount raised was around $750 (excluding BTA's $200 flower donation). I'll round the number up to $800.

Again it's hard to describe how proud I am of our community - something like this really goes to show that each member isn't just some nameless face in the crowd but a person that we all get attached to in one way or another and that we dearly miss once they're gone. It's truly encouraging to see how the community pulls together for a good cause time and time again.

EDIT - THE FAMILY GOT IN TOUCH SO DISREGARD THIS -> [[[Since Aaron's family hasn't responded to my PM here, do any of his RL friends who have posted here have a family contact e-mail that I could use to arrange where to send our donation? If so, please send it to me via a private message.]]]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  14. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Nice! Very glad we were able to put together that big an amount! I'm also very happy to be a part of a community like this! :)

15. Silvery

Media:
    Same here. I'm proud to be a part of this

16. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Tal, you have built a very special community. I have been on other forums and none have the spirit of Sorcerer's Place. I feel privileged to be a part of this family.

17. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I only visited some other forums. Visited. I took a look at them, but hardly ever posted there at all. If I ever did, the communities either bored or annoyed me way to quickly.
    But this place has my interest for about a decade now. It's amazing what you people can achieve and how you interact with each other. :)

Please let me know when you found the answer to that one. I can't find any. ;)

18. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

It's been more than 2 weeks now since his passing... and it's still hard not seeing Kit's brilliant and funny quotes. I've been in SP longer than Kit but I'm not gonna say we're close or anything, 'cause we're not. Heck, I can't even say I'm close with anyone here. I guess the only consolation I had is that in all my years here in SP, I've only rep one person. It was him and it was a positive rep that I had gladly gave.

While I may not be a member who's in touch with the everyone here. I've always know this is one of the best on-line communities I've ever been. And my length of stay is proof of that. A part of me is sad to see Kitrax go but a bigger part of me is happy because I wasn't wrong with SP... you're all a great bunch of people.

Afaik, it's been a long while since I've used this emoticon. So in memory of him... :doh: Thanks for the good times and bye Kit.

19. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I didn't know Kitrax either, even on the scale of online acquaintances, but his death had an impact nevertheless. I think it has a lot to do with the way he always expressed his opinions really openly and honestly, and how he would sometimes post about his life so candidly, and a lot of us have seen his pictures. There was a kind of consistency there that gave you a sense of what the person behind that nick was like - it didn't feel like an online persona. So even for someone who didn't know him, his passing doesn't feel like some random internet nick-and-avatar has disappeared; it feels more like somebody from your building has died, or someone in your school, or something like that, and it affects you. Certainly affected me.

20. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Just saw the news, read through the thread and damn...

This is a heck of a lot to handle right now to write anything much...I'm just...more stunned than anything right now...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.