1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

KOTOR and the background noise.

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Series' started by Yulaw9460, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    No, not as noise in the game. But I've always been wondering: Am I the only one having the Star Wars saga running on my television while playing these games? Just to get into the spirit of things with the right ambience?

2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    With the cinematics of modern games, or heck most anything made since the late '90s, I find the games are quite capable of providing their own ambience.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
  3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I do not have the TV running to provide ambience to the game I’m playing. But I do tend to start a new game of KOTOR or Pirates! or Master of Magic when I get in the mood for the scenario while watching a film on TV (e.g. when Errol Flynn appears on the screen I plunder my shelf for Pirates!)

4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I know there was another one with the same name made in the 21st century, but I always think of an Apple II game with the same name when people talk about "Pirates!".

5. ConjurerDragon

Media:
    Originally I played Pirates! on my old C-64 (which is the one having been ported to the Apple II). Later on PC with Pirates! then Pirates! Gold and nowadays Pirates!

6. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Interestingly enough I just found Pirates! at the Palatine Library "Book Sale". The new version for only $2.

7. ConjurerDragon

Media:
    Being from Rhineland-Palatinate I wondered what palatine library you meant and found the Palatine Library in Illinois.

8. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    The only Rhineland I'm familiar with is in Wisconsin, and I only recall hearing it called "Rhineland". My parents took me to a resort called "Holiday Acres" just outside Rhineland around 30 years ago.
    Sorry, I should have said Palatine, IL.
    I'm lucky in that there are a lot of suburban libraries concentrated nearby. The Palatine, Rolling Meadows, and Mt. Prospect libraries are only about 3 miles from the Arlington Heights library to the northwest, south, and east respectively, so I often look at all three library's book sales. I'm only 1.25 miles from either Rolling Meadows or Arlington Heights libraries and two blocks from the Rolling Meadows border.
    Des Plaines, Schaumburg, and Indian Trails library (services Wheeling and Prospect Heights along with part of Buffalo Grove) are only 5-6 miles, although Schaumburg might be more like 7.

9. ConjurerDragon

Media:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhineland-Palatinate

I live 3 hours from Schaumburg. ;-)
    https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Ande...bff3d1123084f!2m2!1d9.2076861!2d52.301088!3e0

10. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Most suburban libraries have a "Friends of the Library" book sale. You should check the ones near you to see if they have something similar in Germany.
    I don't know how common they are outside the Chicago suburbs, never did the research. I know it happens in the west suburbs, and on the north shore in addition to the NW suburbs. .

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.