1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

KoTOR - I'm doomed (Xbox)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Series' started by Dice, May 7, 2004.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm at the final scene where you have to fight Darth Malak and I think I'm doomed. I only have one super medikit and about 9 of the medium ones. Is there any hope?

[ May 08, 2004, 01:32: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    SPOILERIFIC

You should be fine, but you have to play very carefully.

First off, remember that each time you beat him, he runs to another imprisoned Jedi to drain their life force. The minute each battle ends, pause immediately. Heal yourself through your inventory screen. You can use multiple medpacs instantly because the game treats you as if you're in non-battle mode. Also, this is a good time to use any Stimulants you have, especially ones that boost CON to increase your hitpoints. Then, use your force speed, or any stimulants you have that boost dexterity, to beat Malak to the jedi. Use either Force Storm or Destroy Droid to kill the Jedi off before Malak gets a chance to drain them. That will cut down the total fight time you have by potentially half or more if you do it right. Last time I did this, Malak only drained 3 jedi total, and the battle went rather quickly. That's my personal best, though, as I replayed the final battle several times just for fun.

Also, are you using your Force Immunity before each battle?

Note - mine was the PC version, so I don't know how different it will be for you. Shouldn't be much different if at all.

3. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

It really depends on what your classes are, and whether you have the Heal power. If you do have it, having a high wisdom and charisma increase the amount it heals. I had poor of both, and used a couple of Life Support Packs in the fight. Shields will also help, as will the various defensive powers granted by the Light. I always used throwing the sabre to kill the imprisoned jedi. Malak only managed to drain one of them, because I never fought him, following the initial encounter, until all of the jedi were dead.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Can you save at any moment in the game in the Xbox version as well? You could save each time you hit and reload each time he hits you. In my own fight, I used perhaps three or four Life Support Packs and one or two Advanced Medpacs. If you keep your DEX at highest possible level at the cost of all other stat-enhancing equipment, it might also help.

My brother avoided getting hit by just running around Malak and using Throw Lightsabre to inflict damage.

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

It can be done, but like the others said, you gotta do it very carefully. Don't you have a Jedi Healing power or something ? If so, you should be fine. Malak is nothing but a big wussy anyway. :D

6. chevalier

Media:
    But don't try healing in fight. He can hit you for half the HP you normally heal. Make sure you have enough Force Points for buffs.

Master Valour + Master Speed = Malak pawned by a consular in lightsabre combat :shake:

7. Dice

Media:
    Ok...I'm going to attempt to defeat the dark power now with the advice of all you fine Jedi....may the force be with me. (No offence to you non-Jedi dark siders, I appreciate all the help I can get.)

EDIT: When I try to hit the Jedi I don't get the red ring that lets me fight them...therefor I can't use the throw saber - or anything for that matter - to attack them! What do I do so I can make them killable?

[ May 07, 2004, 21:21: Message edited by: Dragonfly ]

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    How come you have so few medpacs? There are thousands of life-support pacs scattered all over the Star Forge.

I dont know what class you are playing but I never had much trouble with Malak. One thing which makes it embarrassing easy is to use the best speed enhancer and the best flurry. Malak will be down in one or at worst two rounds.

Energy shields are also a good idea as the best one will soak up quite a bit of damage, and as have been said, waste all the jedis before you take Malak on the second time.

From what I have gathered Malak is a walk in the part if you are playing a melee character but fiendishly difficult if you for example have played a scoundrel/consular.

9. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I never had a problem with Malak, not even as a scoundrel/consular.

First time I played, I didn't know that I could destroy/drain the jedi. So I had to beat him 8 times :p

10. chevalier

Media:
    @Dragonfly: Some of those can be attacked and some can't. AFAIK it depends on whethere Malak drains on them or not at the moment. I used Destroy Droid to free them quickly. When you free them, they die and are one with the Force and no longer in that sorry state in which Malak put them.

My character was a Scout8/Consular12. My brother took on him with a Scoundrel2/Consular18, hence the problems he had.

With my Scout/Consular, I pawned Malak several times in melee combat before he realised it was pointless :shake:

Use the Force, chevalier! Damn consular, you are! :lol: :grin:

11. Dice

Media:
    Actually I didn't realize you have to have an initial fight with Darth Malak before you could kill the jedi. After he accessed the first one I was able to kill them and and I finished!! Woohoo. Damn good game.

I guess I'll have to try playing it again on the dark side but I'm not sure I'll enjoy playing an evil mean character. Gotta see the other ending however hehe.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.