1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Leaving reputation

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by The Great Snook, Mar 29, 2008.

?

Do you leave your name when you give rep

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Do me a favor. Put your lip over your head... and swallow.

Although since they got Ann-Margret and Sophia Loren -- I don't mind that comparison....

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Is there any way to check who we gave reputation to?

I'm getting old, my memory is fading, and I hate that pop-up saying I can't give reputation to someone....

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    There's no way for you to check, sorry. I can check it for you though. Your last 5 reps were Aldeth, Taza, Snook, Nakia and BTA. But if you see the popup notice, it's means that you haven't given rep to 4 other people since the time you've last given rep to that user, which should be helpful.

Oh, congrats on getting the first [​IMG]! :thumb:

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Someone beat Tal to the first blue stone! Sacrilege! Burn the heretic! :p

Seriously, well done on being such a positive contributor. Unlike some of us around here ;)

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

How did that happen? Tal has 27 rep power and T2 only has 15... or is it based only on reputation received, and not on when you registered and number of posts, etc?

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Actual reputation and reputation power are two different things. Reputation power is the number of negative or positive "points" a certain user can give another user in one reputation hit. You can see your reputation points by clicking on the add rep icon in any of your posts, and in your User CP.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  7. T2Bruno

Media:
    Thank-you. Feel free to burn a Nameless One in effigy. To quote the best appreciation speech from last night:

"You commie homo-loving sons of guns. I did not expect this, and I want it to be very clear that I do know how hard I make it to appreciate me, often, but I am touched by the appreciation."

:spin:

Saber: The rep power means Tal has a bigger hammer if you piss him off -- or a more powerful wand if he likes what you say....

8. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Anyone want to form a group to start giving T2 negative rep?

Only kidding, well done.

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    T2 is a rep whore. :D

On a semi-serious note, if someone gets a new box by hitting a certain level (such as 500 points in T2's case), and then gets neagative rep to drop them below that level, do they lose the box?

(Not that I'm suggesting that T2 should be targeted here. No, that would would petty. And I'm not that kind of guy. Although, if people want to negative rep T2, who am I to stop them? :p)

(And I called T2 a rep whore. Kettle/pot. :shake: )

T2Bruno likes this.
  10. Saber

No, I understand that, but I am wondering why T2 has a blue box and you don't... is the blue box based on reputation, or rep power?

11. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Know you can see the last 10 reps given to you.

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    IIRC, Rep *power* is gained by # of posts, length of membership, and possibly other factors.

You only gain the little green/blue boxes from other users adding to your rep. For example, I can give you 14 rep points (because my rep power is 14)...now, if you already had XX amount of rep points, and you needed YY point to get your next box, and if YY < 14, then my contribution to your rep would get you another box. :D

13. T2Bruno

Media:
    No algebra allowed. :nono: :toofar:

14. Saber

I know, I understand how it all works, I have read the thread. What I don't understand is WHY T2 has a blue box. Does he have a lot of reputation (not rep power), or is it based on his rep power (15)?

15. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

All i see are 6 green boxes, where is this blue box at?

16. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Might want to check on that color blindness martaug, the 6th box is blue, not green.

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ah, well...from what I've gatherd, people have given T2 a *lot* of good Rep...the jury is still out on whether or not he paid them all off... :p

As for the blue box, Tal will have to answer that one.

18. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm betting that the blue box starts with the 6th. All we need is another person to get a 6th box, and we'll find out. My money is on Chandos (who, BTW, has the same rep power as T2 but one less box (and none blue), so now I'm even more convinced that the 6th box is blue).

19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The boxes are the reputation scale (i.e. how high your reputation is); the rep power is just the number next to the words.

So. T2 has a 6th (blue) box because his reputation is that high, not because his rep power is 15.

Saber likes this.
  20. Saber

Thank you, BTA, that was what I was asking.

Who the heck gave T2 500 rep points?!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.