1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lost my Ranger Stronghold for no reason: help!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by nataben1314, Dec 29, 2007.

1. nataben1314 Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I am playing a solo ranger/cleric, and something odd happened.

After the first quest for the ranger stronghold (where you go convince the guys to stop digging in the temple area), I went and did the Planar Prison quest. I then came back, and my stronghold had been stripped of me!

I never gave the kids ale or swords, and I have kept my ranger status with neutral good an a rep of 20. I never got approached by Delon to start another quest.

Does anyone know what might be the cause of this and how could I fix it?

My only guess would be that while resting in the Planar Prison, Delon was unable to reach me and so I went over some sort of time limit or something.

Is there any way to set the game with CLUA to think that I just finished the 1st quest still and will still have my cabin????

THANKS

2. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

I've encountered a bug in the past that made me lose the stronghold if I returned to the Umar Hills area before being summoned for each quest. Do you have a save before entering Umar Hills?

Also, it is a timed stronghold, if you took more than a few days to do the planar sphere you may have lost it.

3. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

Yeh I lost my Ranger stronghold one time, I took longer than 3 days after Delon found me again, saying orcs were invading.

I had three days or I shouldn't come at all. I was in the middle of a quest, lol, might have even been the Planar sphere, point is I took longer than 3 days to get to the Umar Hills after Delon found me again, and thus I lost the stronghold.

4. nataben1314 Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Dang. :( So does anybody know if there is a CLUA code to rectify this?

I had quite a few good items (including Crom scroll!) packed in there too. :(

5. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Umm.....I'm pretty new at this (Elfen Lied can probably attest to this), but I'll have a crack at it - just make sure you *SAVE* before hand.

Set the following variables outside of the Umar hills, and then move there afterwards (the area's script checks a couple of the following variables)....and maybe pause the game while entering them.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("RangerProtector","GLOBAL",2)

...sets the ranger stronghold to what it was when you collect your reward from Mairyn after killing the humans who are destroying the forest.

SetGlobalTimer("OgronAssault","GLOBAL",FOUR_DAYS)
    ...another global set by Mairyn at the same time - this is to make Delon talk to you in a days time or something (...i think - the variable gets set to THREE_DAYS after Delon finds you)

The last one I'm really not that sure about
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DeactivateCabin","AR1100",1)
    I *think* will open the cabin, but I'm having quite a bit of trouble finding Minister Lloid's .cre and dialogue files to confirm it. If this doesn't work try 0 instead of 1.
    A value of 2 will cause "TriggerActivation("LostCabin",TRUE)" upon entering the umar hills, which I don't think is desired.

Goodluck - I hope this works

6. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

Minister Lloyd I think is labeled as UHMAY01. least that's what his dialogs are under in the Infinity Explorer.

7. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Thank Elfen Lied!
    That guy must have a million lines of dialogue or something - I couldn't find any reference to the "DeactivateCabin" global, so I'm beginning to think that "0" might be the more promising value....or that it's set by the area or something.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.