1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mage gear

Discussion in 'Dragon Age 2' started by joacqin, Aug 12, 2011.

1. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I like playing a mage, I like the gameplay of mages in the DA games even if it is a bit restricted but why does all the gear make me look like either a clown or a reasonably high class courtesan? Robes full of frills and feathers, cowls looking more like the hats old ladies wear than proper mage hoods? I remember in Oblivion there was a black robe and black hood, very basic and couldnt be enchanted much but I tended to use that more than anything cause it looked cool. I assume that all the warrior gear looks badass, why do the mages have to look like circus attractions?

2. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Granted I'm play DA:O right now but get the right specialization and mages can wear the same gear warriors do.

But yes I get your point, I'm not sure if armor makes someone look impressive or not.

I beat DA:O as a mage, next I may push through the game with a city elf warrior (already have that one to Ostragar).

3. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Joa, what until you get your champion armor in act III. It looks seriously bad ass.

4. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

If you are worried about mages looking lame, try making a warrior that uses 2-handed weapons. You end up getting weapons that are almost as big as your character, and aparantly weighs nothing. You run around like some soul-calibur anime hero character.

5. Ben Snow Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yeah the champion armor looks badass, but most of the mage armor is terrible.

6. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is reminded of Soul Calibur. Which is fine with me cos I loooove Soul Calibur! XD

7. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I think DAII sucks. I played it once and may never play it again. I pre-order it and everything because I loved DAO so much. I hope they continue to develop DAII DLC or an expansion as I will buy them as long as they have a well developed story and expand on Hawke and the world around him. It would be nice if they did an update that improve the envirnoment so it is not the same so much and improve the ability to equip armor or something along that lines for the companions.

8. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    joacqin I agree, Ive been put off playing a mage in the game because of the ridiculousness of the clothing, I long for a simple mages robe, the one from the second half of the demo looked pretty good but most in the game are $h!t. I also hate the hero armour crap.

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The champion gear was hideous as well, it was less hideous but still really awful.

10. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    what really p!$$ed me off with the "hero gear" is that it it is the most powerful gear in the game, so as far as the developers are concerned this is how you should look atr the end of the game

11. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

In DAO we got to pick what our character wore as there was so many good items in the game; In DA2 the equipment is not as good and makes me wonder what the developers were thinking when they created the armor for this game.

12. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

The mage item pack improve on mage armors. I use those items over all other including the champion armor, because the last armor in the mage items is more power than the champion armor.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.