1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mage Stronghold bug?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Arwen, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Arwen Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] The apprentices are done (well, one of them is dead), then at some point the messenger appears and tells me I must go to the sphere. Teos is there and he asks why in the hell I summoned him there, saying he never sent any messages. then some kind of portals show up(look exactly like the one when you summon the berserk warrior with a Horn of Walhalla), but they stop halfway in the air, then disappear and nothing happens. Teos has nothing to say to me, there's nothing new in the sphere - what was supposed to happen?

2. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Erm.. it was supposed to be an ambush :) and another small quest would develop from there

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It is a bug.

Reload Auto-Save and try to approach Teos with your party leader only.

4. Arwen Gems: 4/31

It took me a while to re-play from earlier save, since I was stupid enough to get out of the sphere after this thing happened. Anyway, I tried to approach Teos alone, tried leaving my party outside, etc. - nothing works. The portals now load completely, but nothing comes out. Can I summon those things whatever they are? Or the only thing I can do here is to start a new game?

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Grrrr, I know of this issue, but without reediting the whole Sphere area files there is no help if it still happens... *sigh*

However, there is a magical debugging issue in SoA called... How is it called?

CONSOLE! Tada!

*shrug*:toofar:
    Ok, lemme cut the crap, I was pretending to be someone else...

--------------------------------------------

Ok, you got in the sphere, you saw the animation, nothing else is happening.
    Step by step, you should do this:

1. Definetly PAUSE the game (hit SPACE)

2. Open Console window (CTRL+SPACE)

3. In Console enter these seven commands one by one (every symbol is needed):
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("mgass01")
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("mgass02")
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("mgass03")
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("pardru")
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("parthf")
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("parmonk")
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("parfig16")

4. Unpause the game

5. If Sergeant Natula does not initiate a talk to you, you try to talk to him.

6. Post if this helped

6. Arwen Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] Extremist, thank you!
    It worked! The bastards killed me right away, though...

/me smoooches Extremist

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Thanx too...

*bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush*

:love::love::love::love:

8. Drakaen Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My problem is that the messenger never appears to tell me to meet teos. Anyone know how to spawn him as well?

9. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Wow, that's like a 9 year, 4 month, 2 day, 9 hour post necro (give or take). I feel dirty from the decay. :p

As to your question, I've never been much of a CLUAConsole guy in this game myself. I'm sure someone will pop in to help though. :thumb:

10. Drakaen Gems: 1/31

lol yea i saw that after i made this post lmao. i hope i can get an answer soon. even the mage hasnt shown up to make potions and everyone lived to graduate.

11. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    You can CLUA him in by entering

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("mgass01")

Hope this helps! :)

12. Drakaen Gems: 1/31

you my good sir are a godsend, thank you so much.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.