1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

main characters?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Elverath, Oct 17, 2000.

1. SaLtDoC Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Play a Paladin as my secondary character. As Eternam P said, i usually feel good helping the poor, weak and helpless and give the baddies a good butt kicking for goodness. That is until i get bored of being the goodie goodie and decapitate the nearest villager for a laugh hehe. Ok nuff of my sadistic comments, cya

2. Crazy J Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Paladins are individuals, just like anyone else. Some are overjudgemental and intolerant, others judge a person by his/her actions. After all, Keldorn doesn't try to off your main character, as soon as he learns he or she is a Bhaalspawn, right?

3. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Actually I'm most impressed with Rangers. Of course, Drizt Do'Urden played quite a huge part in that.

4. Crazy J Gems: 6/31

I like Rangers, and Drizzt, too. Did you know that in 3rd Edition, Rangers can now be evil?

5. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Only reason i played a paladin through in BG2 was because i know what they can do with a Holy Avenger from pen & paper RPG's. Would have loved to play as an illithid though, been intrigued by them and the races of the Underdark since i played in a campaign set there a few years back. As for the evil rangers...well, let's just say i like the new way of character classes and multiclassing better the 2nd Ed. way. The ranger or fighter would be my preferred class, Especially under the £rd Ed. rules, only prob is i've been volenteered to run run it first. :( Oh well, maybe one day someone else i know will run the game for once.

6. Reya Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I tried the monk class today and was so impressed that I've decided to keep the new Reya instead of my priest (there were too many clerics in my party anyway, no variation) so now I scamper at super speed :) besides there's nothing like the feel of bare palm on leather ;)
    In case you were wandering what became of Reya senior, she bleached her hair, bought a castle and changed her name to Zoot. If you see her around, remind her to be good or she'll get a spanking.
    What will my stronghold be now? I need a place to store my holy handgrenades!

7. SoulFly Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] SoulFly is a chaotic neutral elf(drow, specifically) sorcerer. I wouldn't classify myself as a madman, more as a passionate anarchist. Still floating around in lvl 15, yay...

8. Thaumas Gems: 6/31

[​IMG]
    Well, that quote certainly helps that cause :rolleyes:.

So, you're a paladin wannabe, then :p?

It's called roleplaying. If you have no qualms about playing murderous, ultraviolent, slave owning sadists, but paladins are too much, then I'd worry a little. I hate sanctimonious finger pointing preachers in real life myself, but that doesn't mean I can't roleplay one in a friggin game. Evil character up next.

9. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Sadistic, slave owning evil people are much better to associate with then finger pointing, preaching paladins.

10. Thaumas Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Riiight...

11. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Just started the game so he isn't too great, he could cool out all of j00 other guys though,

Phycho Bob
    Level 9 Fighter
    18 Str 18 Con 18 Dex 12 Int 13 Wis 12 Cha
    3 Slots on Warhammer
    2 Slots on Katana
    2 Slots on Duel Wielding
    Has a katana and warhammer, haven't given him any magical junk yet, gonna get the celestial fury soon though, then the Crom Faeyr much later, I will carve like the wind.

Is the Crom Faeyr the best weapon in the game?

-Sep

12. Crazy J Gems: 6/31

Reya, Monks get the Fighter's stronghold, Nalia's keep. Welcome to the wonderful world of Kung-Fu super women! Wait 'till you get Quivering Palm, and magic resistance!

13. Crazy J Gems: 6/31

Now, most everyone on this board knows what I feel about Anomen ,UGH!!! Well, I decided to keep him around a while longer, to see the silly romance thing play out. I gave him the boot before. (From a Monk, that's painful)! He offered to take my character to bed! The cad!!! I told him I'm saving myself for WHEN BOO ACHIEVES HUMAN FORM!!!! (The asylum walls are lovely this time of year).

14. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31

Does anyone have any idea if Phycho Bob will have a romance with anyone, I have the chick scripts so all the romances will go as planned, but I kicked that annoying arse Anomen out of my party.

15. SoulFly Gems: 2/31

Nobody yet has resisted my drow charm, and I've even dropped Jaheira over that and some other reasons. Other than that, my only wish would be if there was an NPC monk I could have join my party, lovely fighters :)

16. Reya Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Is Phycho Bob in anyway related to Silent Bob of movie stardom? or Sideshow Bob of Simpson's Fame? just a thought
    Crazy J, forgot you were also a monk (shouldn't it be monkess or nun for females?-ye gods, I'm a nun...noooo!)
    I'm proud to be a fellow sister in monkhoodness (whatever)
    anyway, my parties tend to work better now so I'm quite pleased
    btw how did your monster bashing date go? it only takes a pizza, some videos and a bottle of something warming (ahem) to please me (ya have to get my attention in the first place though ;) ) I wander how that translates to Amn, flat bread with cheese/tomato on, some good mead and a band of bards I expect...oops I'm rambling now (time to shut it me thinks)

[This message has been edited by Reya (edited November 12, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Reya (edited November 20, 2000).]

17. Crazy J Gems: 6/31

Yeah! A band of total hunk bards! Two for each of us!

18. Reya Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] only if they are rock bards! I'm afraid I'm not into boy bards of the pop variety.
    I guess you should live up to your name regardless and join me in dancing on the tables at the nearest inn, I hope your leathers aren't at the dry cleaner mages, lets get out there and slay 'em :D
    (ok now Reya, calm down)

19. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31

Phycho Bob is just the name I chose, dunno why, just a cool name.

20. SoulFly Gems: 2/31

While you squander over your bards, I'll be making the light show ladies.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.