1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Marceror's Dragon Age II Review

Discussion in 'Dragon Age 2' started by Marceror, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I wonder if the latest patch will add 1/2 star for me.

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Barely worth the money, the game play is ok if abit repetitive but I guess it could be more fun on a higher difficulty. What bugged me the most were all of the false choices you get to make. You think you make a choice that matters but in the end it matters not at all. Both Orsino and Meredith are "abominations" so I am fairly sure the end would be identical no matter what you chose. I also really disliked how the game takes control of your character during crucial moments robbing you of even the illusion of choice.

Also, why did my mage character who never used a melee weapon in his life use a dagger to finish off Orsino? That cinematic pissed me off. Sadly I think this is another title with a replay value of 0. Decent entertainment once but there is nothing to pull me back in. Then again no singleplayer RPG has been able to do that since Kotor and then it was only once.

The fighting was silly, several times my entire party except one guy got obliterated but it is SO easy to kite that if you spend some time and drink some potions you can solo almost anything. The fight in the end just before oyu reach the gallows where you fight a million shades and a big pride demon everyone except Varric died but with a little bit of micro I soloed pretty much the entire fight with him as the rest died almost instantly. Took a while and a whole bunch of potions but it wasn't hard.

3. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The only difference in the end is if you fight Meredith or Orsino first. Who you side with has absolutely no impact on anything else. Your coiches from DA:O doesn`t seem to matter either. I killed Zevran and Leliana in one of my playthroughs, and both still showed up in DA2 anyway.

4. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

DA2 is now cheaper than DAO. I have seen DA2 between $20-30 and DAO:Ultimate is still at $30. I wonder if an expansion is going to be released soon.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.