1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

May the speculation begin...

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Taluntain, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, one of the BioWare devs mentioned it in the topic on gay romances in Dragon Age on the BioWare forums... I haven't played KotOR, so I don't really know any specifics on this romance.

2. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

A BioWare person mentioned it?

Dang I hate this with this internet era. You read a couple of forums, you try it yourself ( how could I not have, a lesbian romance afterall :rolleyes: ), and you assume the text in the net is right.

Could be I was mistaken, in which case I'll have to play that again soon. I've been craving for yet another game of KoTOR anyway.

3. Eltharodo Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Could it be that they will go for a more seamless environment like Morrowind, or, more accurately, Dungeon Siege. They could try and do without the umpteen areas system and take this route instead.

4. Paine Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

For the love of everything holy, PLEASE don't let it be more like Dungeon Siege. I have no problems with seamless enviroments in theory, and think it's a wonderful idea, but IMO this just invites the sort of terrible level design in DS where you just sort of meander aimlessly for ages. One of the things I hated about DS is the dungeons were too far spaced out, and too often I ran into the problem where I'd be halfway into a dungeon in the middle of nowhere, leagues and leagues from the nearest town, and out of healing/mana potions, etc. Also, and I know this sounds weird, but they were just way too big. It wasn't immediately apparent where you were supposed to go in places, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I ended up backtracking for hours (especially in the *@@#^! ice caves). And there's the aforementioned running out of supplies problem, no matter how well you plan ahead.

I would much rather they tweak the umpteen areas system than throw the proverbial baby out with the bathwater. I'm actually more concerned about them recycling graphics and enviroments. I'd like to see all-new stuff.

5. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I know how you feel. I like Dungeon Siege, for its graphics and the slow-motion mode. That mode is just so great. It gives me that movie feeling I always wanted. Especially cool with the archers. Still, NWN2 won't be DS because DS is all about hack'n slash. No skills whatsoever. So a slow-motion mode is always a welcome addition.

For NWN2, I hope (as probably many of you do) it will be more or less the same, but with more roleplaying and less playing errand-boy, which I hate. Eventually better graphics and maybe more animations and character models. So I'm glad if the graphics change a little. From my point of view the Aurora engine is already getting old, where as the Infinity engine is still good. (probably they'll use the Aurora engine again for NWN2)

6. Ranger Dan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

As simple as it sounds, I would love an overlay map, like in both of the Diablo's. It was very handy, and if you didn't like it, you could turn it off

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Huummm... a fun game? I was utterly disapointed with NWN, and I fear the NWN 2 would be the same thing.

8. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I hope for a mutli-sided story-line. Eample, if the main char is evil, he/she start with the invasion party and will have the evil wins ending, but if the main char is good, he/she start with the defending party and will have the goody wins ending. If the main char decided to change side and betray his/her previous party, then he/she gets the ending that goes along with his/her new party.
    I hope for such a system, as I find it hard to role-play evil in the official game.

9. Deadcell Gems: 1/31

- better graphics
    - better online storyline

10. Hoax Gems: 1/31

more characters, more romance, more guilds, more quests

11. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

FIRST PERSON view, I've dreamed about a fp-rpg since i tried the good old *system shock*.

If they could only make the controls like a fp game, i got dizzy in NWN every time i had to turn around :shake:

Seriously - Why haven't the developers thought of this, instead of using an engine that is already outdated ? Then i liked the Infinity Engine a lot more ;)

12. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Severance blade of darkness was like that I think. It was a good game too.

13. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Err, this is the next to last thing I would like to have implented. Morrowind anyone?

The last thing I would like to have implented is Hentai.

14. KelvS Gems: 1/31

I think the idea of having various "factions" that the character can join, which would alter the events in the storyline, interactions, etc.

Sorta like: joining the Shadow Theives in BG (even if you werent a thief) OR like the Knights Templars in Lionheart (yeah the game flopped, but oh well)

It would add a lot of replayability, and more npcs to interact with. You can have faction-associated quests, and npcs who will (believeably) follow you to the ends of the earth (or Faerun) <----- unlike plain ol' hirelings

15. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

It would be a good idea too cause you could test how good your character was at his own (and other) class skills (thieving, fighting, devine magic etc...)

16. noldor372 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

NWN was ok, but disappointing after the Baldur's Gate series. It wasn't even as good as IWD2.
    NWN2 (imho) needs:
    more party members
    more control of party members
    more interaction with party members
    more interaction between party members
    possibility of running the main story MULTIPLAYER
    make the rules more like D&D (3rd Ed, not 3.5)
    :bang: NOT ANOTHER PLAYSTATION GAME :bang:
    They spent way too much effort on 3D effects and not enough on characters and story.

17. hedron Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

I think it would be cool if, instead of choosing your alignment, your actions would decide it for you ... although that would probably mean that paladin would have to be a prestige class but I'm sure it could work out

18. Woodwyrm Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I DEMAND a better A.I. for the Henchmen!

19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    @Hedron--- That would be against D&D rules, so I doubt it will come in the game- However it's a nice way I like it!

Well in the First place the OC of HOTU was pretty good... IMHO HOTU sould be NWN in the first place

Anyway-- As long it's fun to play and much more like bg2 it will be good.

20. Spliff Krieger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Everybody here is talking about an improved single-player mode, but how about an improved multi-player mode...??? Man we had some trouble MP'ing the first NWN, it was pure horror! Everyone needed to have an original copy of the game, and even then the game was extremely bugged...! It almost ruined my appetite for rpg's, so I really hope they improved that part...!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.