1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Melissan Bug?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Mystra's Chosen, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

When I talked to Mellisan after killing Gromnir she said at the end of a dialogue box "but there's still..." and then she cut off. I didn't click end dialogue or anything and I can't get out of the town. Is this a bug?

If so, is there something I can type in the CLUA Console that will make her speak to me again? When I click on her it says: "Mellisan has nothing to say to you."

I don't know what to do other than reloading my Final Save from SoA and starting all over again.

[ December 04, 2003, 00:47: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. tenken Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm not sure....nvr happened to me before and still haven't see anyone complain about it

3. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

You can't get out by pocket planing?

4. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Did Melissan tell you about Yaga-Shura? If not, you've definitely encountered a bug. If she has, sell anything that you want to sell in the town, go back to your pocket plane and exit again. You should then get a choice of where to go. You can try this anyway.

If you have encountered a bug, make sure that you install the patch before trying again. Also, do you not have an autosave or quick save just before the Gromnir battle?

5. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Well...

a) it was a bug
    b) I ended up just reloading my battle in Hell, then doing it all over again.

I didn't know what had happend, this being my first ToBing, so I kept looking around the town trying to figure out how the hell to get out. I covered all my auto and quicksaves up.

Oh well.

I installed the Baldurdash fix and text fix packs and it was OK.

6. tsestini Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm probably fifteen years too late, but I just wanted to post a solution for this, in case there are any other EE players out there with this bug. After searching the dialog files with nearinfinity, I found out how to reset the variable that starts the conversation and the second time it worked properly, so here goes:

C :SetGlobal("Mel01GromnirDeath","GLOBAL",0)

PS: The previous message in this thread was posted before Youtube, Facebook and the iPhone existed. Now go feel old and finish your quest.

Taluntain likes this.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.