1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Minsc Romance

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by maipai, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

Minsc isnt in love with Boo (least i dont think he is), how'd you guys get lover from Mentor (teacher)

and yeh if the PC is a single/multi/duel(x->mage) classed mage, then Minsc should make be able them his witch,

Minsc likes strong fighters with a taste for heroism and daring, so he could romance fighters, barbarians, Rangers, and maybe paladins, but also he is looking for a replacement witch so he could also romance single/multi/duel(x->mage) classed mages

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    The very concept of a Minsc romance is worrying enough to begin with, adding zoophiles just pushes this into the 'disturbing' mod category.

3. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

I dont think it is that worrying, a male and a female evil stopping duo (i.e. you and Minsc oh wait it would be a trio i forgot boo).

it would have to be well written, for it to work, i think.

4. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I have no problem with an evil-butt-kicking duo, or even a trio.

The problem for me is that I have trouble seeing Minsc as emotionally and mentally mature enough to take part in a relationship that most people enter into.

5. 1ThousandGold Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

How about a Keldorn romance with Viconia? What is better than a righteous paladin commiting adultery with a Drow woman? Sheesh, It's brilliant. I know, I know, you can thank me later.

Also how about a Jan or Edwin romance? I'm not sure if they have them already but it would be pretty funny.

Jan's Mother, "You Finally Found a woman, huh?"
    Jan, "Yes mother"
    Jan's Mother, "Tell her to visit sometime!!!"

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Edwin, yes. Jan, no.

7. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Perhaps as some form of joke mod...

Jan? *shudder*

There is an Edwin one that has been done. I haven't got very far into it yet, but the lovetalks that I have experienced have been rather good. One even caused me to burst into outright laughter upon reading it.

8. 1ThousandGold Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have a problem with most mod dialogue, for instance, I downloaded DBG and for some reason the teleporter dude doesn't have any text, so I have to click in random places and hope to click on the trigger to say a phrase(which is still invisible). And with Suna-Seni(or w/e her name is) I couldn't see her dialogue either, anyone mind telling me what's wrong?

9. Mordokai Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I have no problem with that :) After all, in midst of all the killing and soul searching, I think we can use all the laughter we can get. Speaking of which, has anybody here tried The Jerry Zinger mod? I know it has some content includin Keldorn and Viconia, but I just haven't got around to try it.

On a more serious notice, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea. Imagine Keldorn inner struggle when he finds himself attraced to Viconia. With some nicely writen banters between those two and the PC there could be a potentional for great NPC-NPC romance. Add a possible Keldorn-Maria-Viconia confrontation, and you got great mod. And who says that PC can be the only one to help Viconia redeem herself? Let Keldorn do that. Add some banters with other Bioware NPCs(Jaheira, Minsc, Imoen and Edwin come to mind), and you got a winner.

Now that I read this, I actually think this IS a good idea for a mod. Much better then Minsc romance. I seriously doubt that Minsc has that something needed for a good romance. It was already pointed out why this is so before, so I'm not going to say it again.

10. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Even though you've explained it, I still have my doubts that it would work- except with some amazing writing skills. If that was to be accomplished though, it would be interesting enough for me to try out.

And yes, I agree, the idea has more merit than a Minsc romance (not that that is very hard).

11. Mordokai Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

That goes without saying. But I believe there are enought good writers out there that can accomplish this goal. First one that pomps to my mind is dorothea. She wrote The longer road mod, and I had a great time playing that one. Banters are very good, and very deep on times. I haven't yet tried Redemption or Edwin romance, but I hear nothing but good thing about them. So, she is the first candidate in my book. And I believe that Westley Weimer could do the job perfectly good as well. I'm not really on terms with moding scene, so I don't know any other names that I would suggest. Alas, I'm sure there are a lot of good writers out there that could accomplish this task. This is of course just my opinion, you're welcome to suggest a different author, if you know one.

And it doesn't even have to start as romance. Come to think about it, none of Bioware romances started very clearly. It's talking first, than it becomes more serious over time(that's why I like them so much, it's not just, i love you, let's have sex :p ). Being a paladin is about redeeming evil people, if that can be achieved. As we well know, that can be achieved in Viconia case. So Keldorn could simply approach Viconia, and started talking to her. Over the course of game, the relationship would become deeper, as they would discover they have more in common then they thought.

Damn, had I the writing and coding skills required, I would start working on the mod right now :p

12. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Mistress E (of the Fade mod) would also be a good author.

I do recommend that you try the Edwin Romance the next time through- so far it has been very good.

If only...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.