1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

missile of patience

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Yoshimo's Heart, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

how does this spell work or what majes this spell usefull. I keep ising it but I dont know what it does yet. If someone could tell me I would be very thankfull.

2. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

At low levels it doesn't do much, but at higher levels you get quite a few damaging missiles in a row, used like Ice Knife or Force Missiles. Using pause a lot you can really make the most of it, and the total damage is massive.

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I seem to recall it getting more powerful the more times the character uses it. It may not only be tied to level.

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I think this is the most fun spell in the game. Had me laugh out loud the first time I used it.

Once you cast it, and the canon appears, your cursor will turn again into a "spell" icon. Don't move, don't select another character. Click on an enemy, wait for the "spell" icon to return, click again. There's a very short delay between each time you can fire (if you don't do anything in-between shots), and you can fire a massive number of shots. Using it properly takes some getting used to, since if you do anything else you lose the spell's real efficiency. But once you know how to use it, it's very powerful. Individual shots don't do much damage, but there's so many of them you can kill several enemies one after the other. It's particularly powerful against slow-moving enemies. One good strategy is to let however's using it (TNO in my case) stand back, and let the others fight with their AI, and just fire away. You'll be surprised how just one casting can turn the tide of the battle, particularly in narrow places with lots of monsters coming at you.

5. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

wow thanks for the indepth responce I think I am strarting to understand. Much appreciated Ziad! :)

6. Ziad

Media:
    You're welcome, of course!

I've just had a look at the spell file, and apparently the spell does change as you go up in level. It's a bit odd though, as it seems the spell is at its best at levels 8-10. Assuming I'm interpreting things properly:
    Level 1: fixed 1 damage (missile damage)
    Level 8: 2d10 damage (magic damage)
    Level 11: 2d8 damage (electricity damage)

Keep in mind that you get MANY shots (I can't figure out if those increase too unfortunately), so the damage quickly piles up.

7. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    The fact that missile of patience was actually useful was news to me. What approximate level does the spell start giving out multiple missiles, anyway?

EDIT: looks like the magic number for multiple shots is level 10 or 11. You get as many shots as you can take in 15 seconds or so.

[ December 29, 2005, 19:39: Message edited by: Drew ]

8. Ziad

Media:
    That makes sense. I never could figure out what level it becomes useful, because I used it as soon as I got it (level 12 I think) and it was already giving me multiple shots. It's all a matter of timing really - if you don't time your clicks properly you lose a lot of time and could quickly get overwhelmed.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.