1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Monitoring romances via CLUAconsole - Slappy can you help?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Blue, Aug 12, 2001.

1. Blue Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I've read Slappy's articles about the romance variables - and yes, I used search to find as much as possible. The point is, I need to find out a little about the rating of the variables.

In my case I wanted to find out two things: Was Anomen's romance with me still active? And was HaerDalis' romance with Aerie going to progress?

For Anomen, I used CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("AnomenRomance","GLOBALS") and received the value 2, which means that it is active (I think.)

Then I used CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("Lovetalk","LOCALS") on his head and got the value 37. How high is it supposed to be? (I have already slept with him twice, but I just want to make sure he'll continue romancing me when I start ToB.)

I didn't change anything in Anomen's variables - don't want to spoil my game - but want to know if these values are reasonable.?

For HaerDalis and Aerie I have a different problem: I really want to get rid of HaerDalis, (I need the space to include another person) but I wanted to see the end of their romance first - but it's taking sooo long.... so I decided to help them along, just so I could let him go as soon as possible afterwards.

On HaerDalis, the CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("HaerdalisRomance","GLOBALS") gave me the value 1, so it seems like it had stopped somehow. I then wrote CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("HaerdalisRomance","GLOBALS",2) to start it again. After that I checked the CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("Lovetalk","LOCALS") on his head and got the value 13 - not much I think. So I changed it by CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("Lovetalk","LOCALS", 20) and let the party rest. It worked, because when they awoke, HaerDalis and Aerie had a nice little talk and found out that they loved each other, and would take a walk to talk about it.

So far, so good. But this isn't the end of their romance yet - how high must the values be set to conclude it? I tried the same method many times after that, raising the value 2-3 points each turn and letting them sleep, and now his values are 40 - but still no more talk.

So please, anybody who knows about this, maybe particulary Slappy the expert: How much must the lovetalk values increase for each new conversation? Is it specific values that triggers new events? How high should HaerDalis' rating be to get some more action? How high should Anomens rating be while waiting for the ToB events? I know for Jaheira the rating should be 70 at the highest ... are the same values appliccable for the others as well? How do the ratings grow or decrease - is there a counter or a timer or something?

And how many more conversations should I expect with HaerDalis and Aerie before the romance is finished?

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

First, these are three variables you need:
    - HaerDalisRomanceActive
    - AerieRomanceActive
    - AnomenRomanceActive

I actually don't know what is the highest "lovetalk" value for each romance. That will have to be answered by Slappy.

To speed up romances, you can use CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime(X) command (X value is time - 7200 is one day of actual play). You'll get next talk option that is dependant on actual game play time. If it doesn't happen, then hit sleep. ;) And then again move timer more, etc etc.

But be warned, that command will ALSO move some timers NOT related to romances. So I suggest you do all quests first - then experiment with romances.

Also, don't forget that this command is to be used to overcome Jaheira's romance glitch where you have to play the game actual 5 (five!?) days to get Harper pin. It was probably ment to be 5 ingame days, but...

All other romace speeding with this command is cheating.

P.S. One way to check status of Aerie-Haer'Dalis relationship is to meet Quayle with both of them in party.

3. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I don't think I can help too much unfortunately :( I've never attempted the Anomen or HaerDalis romances. I do keep meaning to look up the final required ratings for the romance variables but haven't as of yet. I also haven't got Throne of Bhaal yet do son't know about continuing the romance.

With some of your general points though here's some food for though. Normally sleeping with the charcater signifies the completion of the romance so I guess that you have completed the Anomen romance ready for ToB. I know that a final rating in the 30s seems low compared to Jaheira but her's is the toughest romance (Aeire is only 34 I think). The other rating of 2 does show that the romance is active and so I guess it can be taken through to ToB.

As to how the romance lovetalk variables increase, its down to a combination of things. Basically each conversation can improve the rating but you only get to have the next conversation when certain conditions have been met. These are things like the amount of game time that passes, the amount or real time that passes, certain quest events, (in some cases) being outside or not, and the appearance of certain people.

As to the HaerDalis and Aerie romance. I've never had him in my party for long enough. I hadn't even realised that they did anything interesting. I thought that it only happened if you were having a romance with Aerie. The ending (if you are) is a show down between the three of you. Of course, you won't get that if your charcater is not involved woth Aeire So I don't know how far they will go........

Sorry not much help :(

4. Blue Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Slappy - I've done more "research" on the Anomen rating, and found out that it's probably the right value. The two last conversations with Anomen (those that included sleeping together) both happened when the party went to sleep outdoors. In both cases I had saved right before the conversations occurred, because I always save before sleeping outdoors, never knowing what monsters might wake me up. So I reloaded, and found that before the first night of love, his rating was 33, and the next morning it was 35. It stayed that way until the next lovemaking, when it raised to 37. So the final rating for Anomen in SoA seems to be 37. Maybe that'll help you when making your lovetalk rating list, Slappy? :)

As for HaerDalis and Aerie, I just grew too tired of waiting for anything to happen, and didn't want to manipulate my game, so I saved a game and then kicked him out. Life must go on you know.....
    But maybe sometime later, when I've got nothing else to do, I might reload that savegame to see the end of it.

But I found along the downloads on the front page of this forum, two stories written by an author containing most conversation in the game. One story tells the good side with a female, the other the evil side with a man, and in the "good story", the HaerDalis/Aerie romance was included, so reading that story finally let me know how it ended when a male PC is not involved.

SPOILER:
    Aerie gets mad at him for not wanting to commit - and gives him the boot. :)

5. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Hey thanks for that Blue :) Glad to see the Anomen thing has turned out OK. As to the Tiefling, yep I can't stand him in my party either. Though Maybe I'll have to try that Aerie thing with him in a future game.

Thanks again for the tip. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.