1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

monk stronghold?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Igor, Mar 17, 2001.

1. Igor Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] heya, i'm about to start bg2 for the second time and I was wondering if monks get strongholds and one more thing, where do you get the elven chain mail +4 coz i seem to have missed it my first time through

2. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

monks are fighters, therefore get Nalia's pad.
    Elven mail is for bards only is at the Planar Prison.
    Elven mail +5 is on one of the guards or lord in Trademeet.

3. Nightal Gems: 7/31

That chaimail +5 you speak of is just an elven chainmail + nothing, The elven chainmail +4 is on the Back Dragon in the Elven city!

4. Igor Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

i mean the one mages can wear

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] :confused: the only elven chain +4 is afaik in Sulandessalar .... is possibly the elven chain in trademeet a +2 one (never played that option) ? :confused:

There are two bard chainmails: a +4 one and a +3 one (forgot the names and where to find that stuff).

6. theholygit Gems: 7/31

well i found some armour a lot like the dark elves armour. the kind that goes under yer clothes. it is in the elven city near the end of the game but Mages can't use it. but theives can so my Assasin used that to a great deal. P.S it isn't a fake either so I don't know what ur on about M8

7. Duskai Gems: 7/31

the bards chainmail is in the planar prison and is the 'melodic chain' +3 and the 'jester's chain' +4 is in the asylum token machine

'bladesinger chain' +4 is on the black dragon at suldanessellar

there is also another elven chain at the druid grove 'sylvan mail' +2

8. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

There's an elven chain +1 in the thieves guild also. But only dual or multi-class mages can wear them anyway (Aerie for example).

9. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] So what about trademeet`s elven chain? And second question: Where again was that dark elve (or drow :D ) chain - wearable by evil chars only?

10. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The Drow chain is readily available in the Underdark from numerous oponents. It is usable by anyone (regardless of alignment though it may be class restrictive), but I found it particuarly useful for Aerie and Minsc as it allowed Minsc to hide in shadows and Aerie to cast mage spells while wearing. I believe it is chain +5, but it can only be used in the Underdark unless you want to take advantage of a certain game glitch.

11. Ragusa

Media:
    I know about the thow underdark drow chains +3 & spellcasting initiative bonus and a regular +5 chain mail.
    I mean another one: In shadowkeeper I found another drow chainmail, usable by evil alignned people only, I guess it´s a drow chain +1. It can be worn in daylight. Anyone knows where to find that?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.