1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

More from the boards

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Jul 25, 2000.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by NightKin)

Several questions have been answered today on both the BG2 and IWD boards. Here they come, enjoy.

The Icewind Dale board:

From Richard Finegan, IWD Programmer

Problems with aura enhancement:

This is a bug - the potion of aura enhancement isn't correctly applying a permanent +5% magic resistance. Sorry - we're fixing it.
    We have fixed this but the fix is not in the current patch.

From J. E. Sawyer, IWD Designer

Negative HP problem after patch:

Rich is looking into this problem. He thinks it may have to do with some code that he commented out during the patching phase. BioWare had this weird easter egg in the Infinity Code where, if a PC had less than -200 hit points, it would add about 11000 hit points. Why it would take high Con characters and mess them up, I don't know. I'm sure Rich will let everyone know what the deal is when he figures it out.

Rest:

If we have time in the future, I'd like the encounter check to happen once for each day of rest that goes by. Unfortunately, I think it would require a significant programming change.

Critters attacking party members with low Armor Class:

Monsters often target spell casters. It just so happens that spell casters often have the worst AC in the party. There is no evaluation of AC going on. And, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. You can rush right by enemies as well, and they don't get attacks of opportunity, either. Attacks of opportunity work well in turn-based games, but suck in real-time games.

And the Baldur's Gate II board:

From Brent Knowles BG2 Designer

On manual translations:

The translation of manuals is completely out of our (BioWare's) hands. Interplay will handle the distribution of Baldur's Gate II. We have little or no say in the matter, in terms of what is translated and what isn't.

Your concerns are definitely valid however, so what I can suggest is for you to contact someone at Interplay. I'm not sure who would be appropriate, perhaps there is a sales division for Interplay based out of your country that you could contact.

From David Gaider, BG2 Designer

On the Baldur's Gate II novel:

I wouldn't worry about the book spoiling too much of the game. There are a few things in common between them, but not many (a few of the characters are common, at least).

Of course, the book may have changed significantly from the last time I saw it, but I doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.