1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Most and least favourite NPCs

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Mihai SuperStar, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Mihai SuperStar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] what NPC you hate the most and what Npc you love the most?

[ February 27, 2005, 16:43: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Easy...

Hate Anomen.

Love Aerie!!

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Love Jan

Hate Haer Dalis

4. Newfie Banned

Love Minsc...funny

Hate Aerie... whiny little b....

5. Sir Goulum Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Love Jan
    Hate Jaheira

6. Ardanis Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I really like Minsc but I'll have to say Jaheira is my favorite because she's the most thoroughly developed character, and I like a well developed character.

My least favorite would be Anomen-- although I've never used Keldorn-- because he's too much of a noble (expletive deleted), and I can't help but think of the Lawful Good's as just as much an evil force as the actual Evils.

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

There have been a thousand of these threads in the past. Do a search for "Favorite NPC."

I never liked Edwin much. Favorite would be a toss-up between Viccy, Aerie, and Minsc.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Like most: Nalia and Viconia
    Like a bit: Minsc, Mazzy, Imoen
    Don't mind: Valygar, Yoshimo, Jaheira, Aerie, Keldorn, Jan, Anomen
    Dislike: Haer Dalis
    Never used: Korgan and Edwin
    Never even met: Cernd

9. Aerie's Number One Fan Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Media:
    My least favorite NPC is easily Haer'Dalis. I had taken him on board so I could eject Viconia, who was complaining a fair bit because my party's reputation was too high. But she was nothing compared to Haer'Dalis, who was complaining virtually non-stop for no reason at all. He was constantly complaining and grumbling about everything, and I got tired of him. So, I went to Trademeet, and swapped him for Mazzy Fentan.

My favorite NPC has to be Minsc or Jaheria. Minsc is incredibly funny and makes the game flow so smoothly. I like Jaheria because she's the most level-headed NPC, and is good when it comes to giving the important soundbites.

I've yet to encounter Valygar, Keldorn, Anomen, Cernd or Edwin beyond a brief conversation with one or two of them. And from the brief chat I had with Anomen, I don't think I want to talk to him more than I have done.

10. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Love: Minsc

Hate: anybody Evil

11. dreary Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My favorite is Jan. His voice still makes me laugh even though I've heard it countless times now. Honestly, though, every NPC is very entertaining in some way or another. Though Cernd's a bit of a bore.

The only one I truly hate is Anomen. What a dweeb. But at least he's continuously insulted by the other party members.

However, if we're also counting add-on characters, Anomen's not the one I hate most. That honor would go to Chloe. I loathe her. I've already played through the game with all the original NPCs, so in my latest game I decided to have her and Kelsey in the group. She began to get on my nerves as she continually blathered on about herself, despite the fact that she's *boring*. She got even worse when I noticed that every single conversation she had with other party members was designed to make her look cool and everybody else look stupid. Unlike the similarly arrogant Anomen, nobody ever put her in her place. She really ticked me off when she demanded I kick Haer'dalis out of the group. I was intent on keeping him around since I wanted to use a jester and had switched him over to that kit. I finally gave up on her in the Sahuagin city, when she started feeding Imoen b.s. about how everything is selfish and that there's no good or evil. I kicked her out and went through the underdark short on good melee fighters. Then, when I finally reached the surface again, I went to the Den of the Seven Vales and had Haer'Dalis kill her dumb ass.

12. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Love: Jan, then Jaheira

Dislike: Aerie, Cernd

Hate: Haer'dalis, Anomen

13. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Favourite:Minsc and Jan

Least: Edwin, Aerie and Anomen

14. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Favourite: Jaheira of course. Not really bossy (at least not in BG2). More a woman of strong moral conviction who speaks her mind, but still respects your right to make your own decisions. Having a certain sharp wit, and a certain warmth of personality underneath her exterior certainly helps. Oh and, she's hot too.

Least Favourite: Jan. I can respect it if somebody likes his stories. But when I tried him out, they came with such frequency, and such inanity, that I almost pulled my hair out.

15. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Love: Valygar, Viconia, Edwin, Yoshimo, Haer'Dalis

Hate: Imoen

16. LeFleur Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

love: Minsc, Edwin, Korgan and Jan

Too bad the first two always get into trouble with each other :(

17. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

I like Keldorn best, the one I dislike most is probably Viconia.

18. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Like: Jaheira, Minsc, Haer'Dalis
    Dislike: Anomen

19. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Love Imoen
    Hate Korgan,Edwin&Viconia

20. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think all the characters are very well done. Since the dialogue is most important for me Jaheira is my favorite. Hmmm... least favorite would be Valygar or Cernd -- they're just plain boring unless they're arguing with Viconia or Keldorn. Although Nalia's soundset can get annoying. The only character I really disliked in the entire series was Alora -- I really hated the soundset.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.