1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Multi Patching/Modding Order?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Sonofjeffer, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Sonofjeffer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've decided to enjoy this game once again, and I'm trying to apply most of the mods patches proposed by Sorcerer's Place.

I've successfully installed most of them. But as soon as I try applying G3 Planescape: Torment Tweak Pack, I can't get to launch the game anymore.

I'm especially disappointed since it seemed to take care of most of the small gripes I had with the game.

Is it the order in which I must apply the whole bunch?
    Or only a certain combination that screws the rest?
    Do I need to forget about the Tweak Pack? (the rest seems to work just fine)

Just in case here's the order in which I installed the mods
    On XP, the 4 cd version.

Official 1.1
    Platter's Fixpack
    Platter's Fixpack beta
    Restoration Pack
    Razfallow's Armors and Robes
    Platter's Armor
    Barren's Lost Items
    Platter's Candlestick Quest

and finally

G3 Planescape: Torment Tweak Pack; with all options installed.

I'm hoping there's a solution.

2. anonking22 Gems: 1/31

I do not know of any solutions to your problem unfortunately,
    Perhaps some of the modders might look into this and synchronize their mods
    or none at all

I do know of bugs when some mods are manually installed together
    like the Armor Mod + Qwinn Unfinished Biz and Cilantro's Restoration
    It bugs Ravel's dialogue to the point of no return as well as other problems too.

Maybe you need to do a clean install of PS T with the recommended steps on how to install a single major mod.

3. Sonofjeffer Gems: 1/31

After some testing, it's only the max hp at lvl up files from the tweakpack that crashed the whole thing. The rest of the files are installed and it works just fine.

That game is great, it's amazing.

But some spells seem to pretty much freeze/skip/crash the game (ice knife for example). I'll try finding something about that, but somebody knows, that would be great.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.