1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Multiclass kensai/mage/thief?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by SlickRCBD, Oct 2, 2014.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm playing other things right now, but on my next run through, I'm thinking of trying the vaunted Kensai/mage.
    Lots of people say to dual at levels 9 or 13, but I never liked the lack of THAC0.
    I once played starting in ToB and dualed the Kensai right after killing Illasera and found it quite powerful.

However, I've since modded the game and edited the XP cap to hopefully allow all characters to achieve level 50 in at least one class.

How over powered would making a Kensai/mage/thief be? I'd start a Kensai in SoA, then save the game and open up ShadowKeeper, and change it to a triple classed F/M/T while leaving the kensai kit and adding the thief set traps and setting him or her levels to something like 7/2/2 and immediately leveling up in the game (often fixes problems).

My first run through the game ever was with an imported C/F/M, so I know triple-classed characters can be fun.

I've also done a run with a chaotic evil multiclassed club-weilding female assassin/cleric named Dokuro that I was disappointed that I couldn't make a celestial or asimar.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  2. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Try level one NPC mod. You can edit a lot of NPCs with it. Whatever it can't do, you should be able to edit in ShadowKeeper.

I play with:
    Fighter/Mage/Swashbuckler (charname)
    Stalker/Cleric (minsc)
    Fighter/Avenger (jaheira)
    2x Assassin/Mage (imoen, edwin)
    Fighter/Mage/Priest of Talos (viconia)

All mullticlasses. With 100-300 mods installed, there's enough XP to max out levels to 50 before even reaching ToB. Though mages level slowly... might not be lvl50 before ToB.

3. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Is the above the definition of insanity? :p

4. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Perhaps but having Viccy as a priest of Talos rubs me wrong. Its bad enough they keep her with Shar even if she switches Alignment but starting her as Talos..??

What happens if she switches alignments in ToB are are you not going to do that?

Edwin just doesn't strike me as an assassin.

Immy could pull it off if she wanted..

Then again I know its wrong but I once boosted his Wisdom up enough to dual class Misc to a cleric.. not sure of what or following who but..

5. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I agree. If anything, Vicy should get some special abilities appropriate to Shar, not Talos.
    She is a priestess of Shar, and the in-story dialog makes that crystal clear. Heck, one of the selection or command sounds is "Shar guides my hand".

She's also a Drow, give her something appropriate for Shar from the "innate" list(I'm going to have to look, but I'm not using the computer with BG2 on it at the moment). A Darkness spell seems appropriate for one thing.

6. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Resourceful

Divine Remix mod would be appropriate here.

7. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I'd forgotten about that, I haven't tried it yet. I haven't done a full run of BG2 in a couple of years now.

Although I just took a look at the divine remix, and I think that Feeblemind would have made more sense than confusion. Loss of mental faculties fits more with Shar than the momentary confusion. Farsight might have worked too, if it only worked in caverns. Then again, most of the spells that fit well with Shar that I can think of aren't implemented in BG2.

I assume that "Forget" and "Darkness" are domain spells in 3rd edition P&P? I only have the books for 2nd.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.