1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Need Help with Mod Install Order

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Reaper004, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Reaper004 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey every one, I'm new here and I just wanted to seek some advice for my billionth playthrough of the Baldur's Gate series and I desperately need help with the correct order to install mods. I think I have most of them right, however I keep running into an issue when I play. All the mods install fine, but when I enter Nashkel, or the area where Gorion is killed [I'm using BGT by the way] I get almost unplayable drops in framerate that will not stop until I leave the area. All I can think is that I screwed up the mod install order. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. The mods which I use are below, listed in the order which I've been installing them. I'm really running out of ideas here. Thank you in advance, any assistance is appreciated.

1. BG2 FixPack
    2. Baldur's Gate Trilogy
    3. NPC Project
    4. BG1 Unfinished Business
    5. BG2 Unfinished Business
    6. De'Arnise Romance
    7. Banter Packs
    8. IEP Extended Banters
    9. NPC Flirt Packs
    10. Romantic Encounters
    11. BG2 Tweak Pack
    12. Sword Coast Strategems
    13. Wizard Slayer Rebalancing
    14. 1PP
    15. Widescreen Mod
    16. W_GUI
    17. eSeries AI Scripts
    18. PaintBG

Sorry for posting in two different forum sections; I'm not sure where this should go.

2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I deleted your duplicates and left this one open. You only need one. If you have ToB it should be posted in the TOB forum, just for future reference. ;)

Sometimes it's not just a matter of install order, but also some mods may be incompatible with each other.

You've got a lot there. You're sure at least a few of them aren't expendable?

3. Reaper004 Gems: 1/31

I know they're all compatible, I've read each and every one's readme and all of them should be compatible with one another, it's just the install order that I don't have quite right yet.

4. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Flip 15 & 16. Probably best to re-install.

What are you using BG2 Unfinished Business for? I have never used it in BG1 modded games.

5. Reaper004 Gems: 1/31

It's all part of my BGT installation.

6. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Nevermind. I am forgetting BGT is for the continuation olay. I was thinging Tutu and Vanilla gameplay only. My bad.

7. Reaper004 Gems: 1/31

NP lol, figured you missed the part where I said BGT in quotations.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.