1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Negativity?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 3' started by Caldera, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

LOL :D That Curse is permanent, you know.
    We haven't heard from this game in over a year now, so i really doubt that we will ever see it :eek:

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Dark Slayer: Fallout 3 in pre-production at Bethesda presently. Unsurprisingly, there's plenty of pessimism about that as well.

There has so far been absolutely no reason for us to believe that Atari is capable of delivering something good. They haven't even announced a developer. Hell, they might not even be making the game.
    But all cast your minds back to a certain comment involving seeing the fear in an orc's eye...

3. Caldera Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Any optimism I had had pretty much been eroded. Nine months since my original post and I have not heard one thing about this game. I know games have a long development cycle, but I would have thought we would have heard something -anything, even "Yes, we are still making it, but we can't tell you anything about it yet- by now. It does not look good for us seeing either a good or a bad version of BG3. :rolleyes:

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I don't expect much from Atari. Especially not a bugless product or great support.

5. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I am willing to give them a chance. It they listen to their client/customers they will know how to go about developing BG3. Regardless of how they go about the game if it is produce I believe a majority of us will purchase the game. I for one am definitely going to buy BG3 just to see what it will be about.

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

^ Now now, since when has any developer ever done *that*? They'd much rather make what they think we'd like, rather than what we tell them we'd like.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    At the moment, I am listening to the Baldur's Gate soundtrack and recalling the area graphics associated with particular tracks, the dialogues, the subtle plots of the completely unrelated but in no way out of place side-quests, and I'm wondering if it as at all possible for any currently active developer to best this. Atari's clique? Oh dear. I'm rolling my eyes as I'm writing this sentence. As for what Aikanaro wrote above, if Atari cares so much for customers that it doesn't give a damn about patches and blocks the devs' patching efforts just because it doesn't care (Troika devs needed permission to publish patches for ToEE), it's surely going to start listening to what we like. :rolleyes: And what they think we like is surely not as important as what will bring the most cash the soonest.

8. aih Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

After ToEE and NWN, I am really not expecting much from ATARI

9. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

Right now I actually doubt there will be a BG3. If any thing BG3 was TOB. If they do release a BG3 it will not be in any shape or form comparable to the current BG series. For one simple reason if BG3 is release it will use 3E rules and not 2E rules, which is why many of us enjoyed BG series. Not to mention the stories, plots, character interaction, etc... To much went into the BG saga that it will be hard to actually match what we all enjoyed now for almost 5 years. I will give Atari a chance to prove themselves if they are up to the task. If BG3 is to be released I do expect quite a bit out of the game and I know I am not the only one with this expectation.

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Maybe Atari is going back to the original game designers they had back when they first started as a fledgling gaming company. ;)

11. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

kuemper would that be back in the days of PacMan?

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Um, closer to Combat and Adventure. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.