1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights 2 Forum News (Jan. 12, 09)

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by chevalier, Jan 20, 2009.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Here are today's Neverwinter Nights 2 forum highlights, collected by NWVault. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context. Bear in mind also that the posts presented here are copied as-is, and that any bad spelling and grammar does not get corrected on our end.

Annie Carlson, Designer

anyone done a raise dead on khralver in the priory?
    It was something that ended up being an "either/or" thing - that resurrectable NPCs would be a LOT LOT LOT of work. If you find Tarmas dead in the Dragon Caves, for example, you SHOULDN'T be able to rez him because ideally, he's only croaked because you sided with the dragons - and knows you were an enemy, and thus wouldn't allow his soul to be called back in the first place. So Khralveykins got cut because it would have been inconsistent overall, and that's bad news. ;)

I also admit I did a Dwight shout-out in that Khralver conversation. And I sort of imagined that trinket either didn't LOOK like anything magical or interesting (i.e. not the sort of thing you'd want to loot) or he'd keep it somewhere that people wouldn't be able to find it. It IS basically the tool of a spy - breaking and entering with no sign of forced entry, eh? :evillol:

Lore, Spellcraft and Craft Skills are Useful on OM
    GUILTY - I didn't put in a Perform check on the OL map because yes, basically it IS just for bards, but moreover because it does require personal interaction. Diplomacy and other dialogue skills don't really work with things that don't possess much sentience! ;) ...But this isn't to say it isn't featured in the game, heavens no - just not on the OL.

And glad that people are finding the craftable items like the Howling Staff. Ten points if you get the reference for the name of the sling bullets!

Justin Reynard, Programmer

Avernus Fried Chicken!
    You spotted the rare and elusive Avernus Fried Chicken? My good friend Volo told me that this may exist, yet I didn't believe him!

Did he happen to turn against you? I was told he has quite the story to how he came to be... Perhaps if you examined him when he turns against you you could find out what that is...

Rob McGinnis, Community Coordinator

Will we ever seen NWN2 on Steam?
    If/When we do release on Steam, the current plan is to not have SecuRom on the Steam version.

I don't remember, but I think the Direct2Drive version doesn't have SecuRom, either.

Are we in the midst of a dnd defining moment?

Just another addition about 4e FR.
    Now instead of DMs creating complex stories about espionage and government takeovers helped by foreign agents or monsters in disguise, or just plain nobles against nobles house wars the FR adventures will be about lets get out there and clear a dungeon. Or kill that groups or that group and whatever. Not wars between nations and such fun adventures, no it is slaughter of monsters game now.
    Oh well I guess it earn the name Dungeons & Dragons again, I just hoped that like recent editions the game was finally moving towards mature games. I guess "Lets kill them and take their loot" again has became a catchphrase of new D&D/FR :(
    I guess that would be why I consider 4e a WoW game since it is for kiddies just like WoW.
    I played in plenty of dungeon crawl/hack 'n slash games in 1st, 2nd and 3rd editions; D&D and AD&D.

4e doesn't make me change my storylines in any way. The only thing that limits the type of game I play is the DM and the players. What 4e does change for me is that the old combat encounters that would take 1 hour+ now take less than 30 minutes. They are just as satisfying, if not more so now, since they don't take as much time away from the RP.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.