1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum News

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, May 28, 2003.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Veldrin)

Here are today's Neverwinter Nights forum highlights. Please take into account that these are only single parts of various threads and should not be taken out of context. Bear in mind also that the posts presented here are copied as-is, and that any bad spelling and grammar does not get corrected on our end.

Derek French, Assistant Producer

Quote: On Feb 14 BioWare said that the Mac code was up to speed with V 1.28. Is the Mac code up to speed with V 1.29?

Yes and beyond. We are up to the 1.30 codebase now.

Well, aside from certain types of questions, we would just rather tell you all two things - when the Tech Trial is ready, and when the game is gold. Pretty much anything else would just be seen as an insult at this point, I think.

The problem was that we were taken to task for doing weekly update where we were reporting on what we were actually doing during that time. I think many were dissappointed by just how painful and boring game development can be. It has its high points, though.

Yes, blu, I meant that fans taking us to task. Let me be clear, we have never, nor are we currently, blaming the customer for anything. I think I have been quite clear that we have been thanking you for your continued support and understanding. All I have been trying to say is that we are damned if we do and damned if we don't, so we are simply going to continue to answer questions about the game and save the Big Announcements for the release of the Tech Trial and the retail version going gold.

NWN Mac: First of all, let me just say that I do not have any new information for you at this time about NWN Mac, other than to say that it has not been cancelled. It is a hard thing to balance the need for keeping in touch and the need for providing new information. For the last month, we haven't said much, simply because we haven't had anything new to report. But enough time has past that we need to chime in and report that the project is still in development. I doubt that any of you want to hear any promises or speculations on our part, other than to tell you when both the Tech Trial and the retail product are complete. We will be doing just that. Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.