1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New 3.5e Custom Campaign, IRC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Urithrand, May 19, 2010.

1. SilencedFaith Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Media:
    Hey, how's the game going?

Keep m,e posted if there's any changes, no?

2. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I haven't heard from occy for a while but it seems like things are pretty turbulent for her right now... Hopefully it's nothing major! Occy if you get the chance to read this, keep us posted! :)

3. SilencedFaith Gems: 4/31

Media:
    Well, next week will be my last week of prac so I would return soon.

And Occy, it's okay~~ No pressure~~~ Take your time! ;)

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Hey guys, sorry for the absence.

Have only just got back online today.

Went away on the 23rd after Kev quit his job. We'd got a phone call from the people that run the LARP events we go to and they needed a plumber. They had been quoted a three day job they couldn't afford so asked someone they knew. So we headed up for a week instead of the Friday-Monday.

However... While away...

Virgin cut off our internet. They apparently had been trying to phone us through the landline we don't have a phone attached to (and they admitted to knowing o_0)

My income was stopped because my mother sucks at sending off paperwork on time (She wouldn't let me do it because apparently 'it would never get done' :mad:)

So have only just been able to get the electricity, internet and food all sorted out :lol:

Fun all round. Am back now, probably for good but won't speak *too* soon as am on the warpath for more, better, drugs (ones that actually work as painkillers would be nice)

Have so far been trundling around in the Sorcerean Wagon with the other half trying to get him employed and find the cheapest wifi hotspots to check the bare essentials. (Ebay and Email generally)

Have spent past couple of weeks reading various things, some D&D, some WoD horror, so hopefully am fresh full of ideas for you guys.

Will be around tomorrow if anyone wants to do something light to get back into things... I'll be trying to remember where we were :D

5. SilencedFaith Gems: 4/31

Media:
    Update!

My last week of prac is this week and I'll be back next week! Speaking of which, are we out of the dungeon yet?

Anyway...

@Occy: Feel free to use my character for anything you plan for, as long as he's alive at the end of the ordeal. Alive with 1hp left is acceptable. :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  6. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Technically, posioned and -9 is alive..

7. SilencedFaith Gems: 4/31

Media:
    Don't forget all the other 'status effects' as well. :D

But still, being alive is better than dead. How did the game go?

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] No game happened last night, Tarrasque turned up but nobody else was around.

Remember if between sessions you guys have ideas, conversations or short stories about your background there's XP and other little rewards.

9. Urithrand

Media:
    Sorry bout the no-show, I won't lie, I forgot lol. Will deffo be around tomorrow though! Armed with a bottle of wine and my trusty punching dagger stabby.

10. SilencedFaith Gems: 4/31

Media:
    Fuhuhu...

I will rejoin the game this week, and many more weeks to come. :3

11. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

May be a tiny bit late to tonight's game as my family and I are going out for a meal after what's been a rather stressful couple of months.

12. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Great game last night, folks!

I was a little reserved in thinking when you guys were going to level though!

Dimli I still need a lvl 2 sheet for.
    Wilhorn, Ashford and Leck - if you could get level 3 sheets to me I'd be grateful.

As for the treasure (yar!) on Hendrick it was as follows:
    600gp
    A Masterwork Heavy Flail (Claimed by Dimli... rather forcefully! Well done!)
    A large, grey cloak that's finely made and skillfuly camouflages the wearer.
    A Masterwork Light Crossbow
    A small sized katar that seems more than it appears.

On a roll difficulty 15 of Spellcraft or Knowledge (Arcana). If you have a thief class you can use Appraise difficulty 18 to figure out what the items are as well. Roll it and check the spoiler for IC identification.
    The cloak is a cloak of Elvenkind, it allows you to hide easier, the fabric of this one is lined with pockets inside and could probably hold another enchantment.

The Katar (Punching Dagger) is small sized and has a small symbol on it of a coin. Just holding the blade makes you feel like you can take on the world. The blade is lucky. Granting a +1 to saving throws and counts as a masterwork weapon so can be upgraded further magically.

I shall plot for the next arch of the story and see you lot next week I hope :)

13. SilencedFaith Gems: 4/31

Media:
    *Fanboy scream*

TREASURES and LEVEL in a package! <3

I'll send over the character sheet as soon as I'm done.

14. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Any room for another character? Haven`t played d&d in ages (usually get the GM job...)

15. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] it's 3.5e on SP_mm. I'll be around online most days until next week (as long as I remember :xx:)

CJ has a friend from work who wants to join in, so will be seeing how he fits in, if you want to join in that's cool. I'll be around in the chatroom to discuss characters.

The party will be at 6 players though if both CJs collegue and yourself join in, so I humbly rquest patience :)

Unless anyone objects to more players, of course.

16. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

What kind of characters\classes do the group need anyway?

17. SilencedFaith Gems: 4/31

Media:
    I have no objection in getting a 'full' 6 character party!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  18. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] The party currently consists of:
    a Spellthief
    an Artificer
    a Barbarian
    A Rogue

There is also an NPC the guys have brought along who's an expert leather crafter and armourer. :D

Healing would be helpful for the party in some manner, when it comes to strength the party is pretty good, some arcane backup might not go amiss to help support the Spellthief and Artificer, add to the range of firepower as it were. A buffing type would also probably be useful as things go.

Overall feel free to play whatever you wish, I can always alter loot and NPCs you encounter to make up for any healing that is lacking or any service required. If you want to play a race with a level adjustment then I request you have a little chat to me about it as well :)

19. Urithrand

Media:
    Extra players sounds good to me, has there been any advance on this? Also woo! Level-up!

I sincerely and humbly request someone consider playing a cleric lol

20. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I don't care what class they play, as long as they restrain Dimli.

Think he's cost me more hit points due to triggering traps etc than the enemy has!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.