1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New here looking for a good druid build

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Diex45, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Diex45 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

as the title says im looking for a good build for a druid as i want to play the game as a duo between a cleric and a druid and would like help with the druid as much as possible in neverwinter nights druids were op at there epic lvls so i hope they are at lest good if not op in icewind dale 2 thanks for the help

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Welcome to the boards Diex45.

A Druid's spellcasting ability is based on WIS and is level dependent (the more level you have the better your spells are).

For obvious reasons you need to put as many points as possible in WIS. CON is an important stat too but you must already know that if you've played NWN.

I don't know what sort of build you are looking for but if you want to use shapeshifting I'd suggest adding just one Monk level (in order to retain a competitive spellcaster level). The reason for adding one Monk level is that it will improve your AC when you shapeshift making shapeshifting forms more resilient in a fight.

Other than that I'd suggest a Human since you can't go wrong with Humans in IWD2 but if you want a pure class Druid then any race that doesn't have a reduced WIS could work especially one with a resistance to magic.

3. Diex45 Gems: 1/31

thanks i looked at human and yea cant go wrong with them but i want him to be a pure druid and the only shapeshifts i want are the elemental ones and i want him to be more of a spellcaster/warrior cause my cleric will be my tank i wish the have prestige classes in this one *sigh*

4. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I prefer Half-Orc as the race for my Druid builds. 20 Str(base) coupled with Best claws are excellent early game.

5. Caradhras

Media:
    No prestige classes. Druids get really good after they had a few levels. They get some good evocation spells which can dish a lot of damage.

As far as making it more of a warrior I'd say it's not that tricky all you have to do is equip a two handed weapon and max out STR for better effect. Add buffs and he should do alright. It's the spells that will make a difference anyway. Of course the problem may be the starting proficiencies for a Druid (armours and weapons).

I tried a solo Druid once and it was a lot of fun.

6. Diex45 Gems: 1/31

i made him a dual wield umm his stats are 18 str 16 dex 18 con 3 int(not his spell stat and he is not talking so i said screw this stat) 18 wis and the lowest for cha as well i think its 3 as well anyway just got to lvl 4 and i must say this game is hard for a duo just got done with the palisade battle and omg is all i can say. and thanks for the tips guys

7. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Palisade battle is an excellent 1st time experience. Don't fret Diex45, there are many more great battles in this game.

8. Diex45 Gems: 1/31

i read about a dragon o.0 i wonder if i can kill him with a duo

9. Blades of Vanatar

I killed the Gaurdian with several different solo characters, including a Rock Gnome Rogue/Illusionist and a Paladin. It's doable, though I never tried to solo a druid. What build is your druid's partner?

10. Diex45 Gems: 1/31

umm i can not remember atm i do know he has 14 str and 16 con and 18 wis but the others i can not remember to well >_>

---------- Added 0 hours, 36 minutes and 31 seconds later... ----------

okay im gonan do updates about my druid so here i go.

chapter 1:
    okay i would first like to say this i hate orcs on so many lvls and my cleric just got animate dead and the first thing i got was a bornegaurd i think im gonna like this spell

11. Caradhras

Media:
    Just a few things I'd like to add. Dual wielding weapons may look cool but when it comes to using a high STR character a two handed weapon yields more damage. Still, I can understand the appeal of having a character with more attacks in the early game. Regarding INT, it doesn't matter for spellcasting but if you want to put points in Spellcraft for Elemental feats it's going to be tricky.

Remember that comparatively you get more XP with only two characters and that the game will become much easier after you've gained a few levels.

Have fun with your party. ;)

12. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

The best feat for your druid is rapid shot. You get a free extra attack with the sling (or other ranged weapons). Dash is also very good. Dodge grants useful extra +1 AC and improved critical helps doing damage.

If you put 14 skill points into spellcraft you can take the powerful scion of storms feat, greater spell focus transmutation also helps with many druid spells.
    The most powerful druid spell is "static charge", cast as many of them as possible in a row before combat (add "call lightning" outside) and enemies will take lots of extra damage.

13. Diex45 Gems: 1/31

okay im kinda stuck as to how im gonna save the people who that orc guy is holding captive since i can not get the damn door open any help?

14. Blades of Vanatar

Sneak into the Orc camp, either thru invisibility or Hide in Shadows and look to the west. There is a wheel. Turn it to unlock the gate to the prisoners. There is a hidden invisibility potion right outside of the orc camp. Use the Alt key to highlight it. Big orc fight ahead. Lots of fun!

15. Diex45 Gems: 1/31

ah okay now i just need to figure out how to get them to not kill the people >_> i mean if these two were evil then i would say let me light the keg for ya though i still might kill them after i finish the quest just for fun XD

16. Blades of Vanatar

Kill the Fire Archers quickly. That is your main goal there. I have never had the orcs kill the prisoners before I dealt with them. But I have thrown Oil Flasks with my evil characters afterwards, just for the fun of it.:evil:

17. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

It's not necessary but it's quite beneficial if the prisoners survive.

18. Diex45 Gems: 1/31

Blades you my good sir are evil XD and i like it

19. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

In HOF mode those peasants make perfect target practice for some of the more obscure spells, such as Mold Touch and Shroud of Flame. Nicely tucked away in a ring of kegs so that they don't start running away. :evil:

20. Blades of Vanatar

For anyone out there that has read David Eddings Belgariad and Mallareon series, Shroud of Flame = The Demise of Asharak the Murgo. And the bastard deserved it!:evil:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.