1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

new ToB NPC !!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Igor, Mar 30, 2001.

1. Igor Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] hey I was just ckeckin out them screenshots and I noticed a new portrait (second one from the top). Could it be that that's the new NPC?
    Well it's the pic just above the bottom right corner picture or if you count them from left to right going down, it's the 20th pic http://www.gameover.ru/gallery/?145l

2. Seric Exz Guest

Whoever he is, he doesn't look like a nice guy...

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

He indeed looks a little bit wild but who would put a mage on the second position????
    Maybe it's just a new portrait for there would be more new portraits then only one for a wild mage.

4. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Hmm....maybe that's just a portrait.

I actually thought Gorion would make a come back.

5. Igor Gems: 4/31

Gorion.....yeah, maybe he pops up in the abyssal stronghold one day or something congratulating you or something, blahblah

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Maybe in ToB you have finally enough money to buy a raise dead for Gorion :)

7. Igor Gems: 4/31

yeah but he would be pretty decayed, no? Kinda reminds me of the dialogue with Jaheira about her once-stutterin-now-dead husband :)

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

I really don't understand why you can raise dead all your partymembers but not Gorion or Kahlid....

9. Igor Gems: 4/31

coz they been dead for some time

10. Seric Exz Guest

Gorion was probably too old, and what's left of Khalid is pretty much scattered all over the place (which part of him should you start with? ;))

About that NPC-thing; I would like to see Xzar make a comback as an NPC. Maybe he's gone completely wild after realizing that Monty's dead. (And about Xzar dying in BG2; He was pretty much dead when last I saw him in BG1, but that obviously wasn't enough to stop him... :) )

11. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Indeed, and when Tazok can come back in live 3 times, why wouldn't Xzar do it?

12. Igor Gems: 4/31

yeah but Tazok looked a little bit different the third time, no? BTW, I only remember him comin back twice. Once in BG in the bandit camp and another time in the windspear hills. Did I forget one

13. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

I killed him twice in BG1 times but youcan play BG1 also that you kill him only once. I killed him in the Bandit Camp, In the last battle (where you also kill Sarevok) and in BG2. But you don't have to kill him in the Bandit Camp.

14. Seric Exz Guest

Never managed to kill the bugger in the Bandit Camp myself. I thought he was scripted to become invulnerable when he was down to a certain amount of HP?

15. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Nope, you can kill him in the bandit camp when you say you wanna become also a member of the bandit camp to a few guards in the wood of sharp teeth. And then you can kill him, wich gives you 4000 Xp and the Gauntets op Weopn Expertice (THaco +1 Damage +2) very powerfull yes.

16. Seric Exz Guest

Guess I'll have to hit him with a bigger sword next time... ;)

Anyway; as long as we're in the "new NPC" topic, an article at DailyRadar caught my (ever so keen :p) eye a few moments ago. (The discussed it at the ToB forum at http://www.BlackIsleStudios.com . More speculations on who the new NPC is, I suppose... http://www.dailyradar.com/previews/game_preview_1404.html

[This message has been edited by Seric Exz (edited March 30, 2001).]

17. Mage_0 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Funny someone also seems to like playing with Montaron who is also supposed to be pushing daisies.

Has anyone else also noticed that the screenshots characters are all evil.

Viconia , Edwin , Korgan , Montaron

18. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

19. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

in one of the screens u can see that old mage that you have seen through out bg1 and bg2 (hes a hero but i dont know his name)

20. Seric Exz Guest

Would that be Elminster somewhere underneath that pointy hat?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.