1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New XF Features and You

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Jul 17, 2015.

1. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Allright, i'll try that then - news posts are all good and well, but i come here more for the community then to keep updated on gaming news, as it is i don't really read a lot of the posts in the news forum anyway.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yea, I get what you mean, having the option to exclude RPGWatch from just the New Posts list would be pretty handy but XF doesn't have anything inbuilt to enable that at the moment, short of the full ignore or regularly marking the news forum read.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Actually, scratch that, I was wrong. There's a "Show Ignored Content" link near the bottom of the news forum thread list, to the left of the Post New Thread button. So if you've got RPGWatch on ignore, but still want to check the news in the news forum, just click on that and it'll display all the news threads. Inside ignored posts, there's also a "Show Ignored Content" link, so you can view ignored posts that way too. It takes a few more clicks, but it's doable.

4. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Good to know that if i ever do feel like reading/replying to a news post that i can, thanks. :)

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :lol: I just noticed I was promoted, now I am in "The Old Guard". Sometimes it pays off to be stubborn and refuse to die. :geezer: Couldn't find an old lady smilie but we are all equal here. I like this one but what to use it for. :facepalm:

@Tal, would I get in trouble if I told you I lied about my age? I am a woman and women are allowed to lie about our age, yes?

6. Taluntain

Media:
    Haha, no, but I can change it to be accurate if you want, just send me a CM (=conversation message, PM equivalent on XF) with the details. The ribbon is based on your years registered here though, not your actual age. ;)

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]

Taluntain likes this.
  8. Taluntain

Media:
    Ok, that's really funny. :lol:

9. Taluntain

Media:
    You now also have the option to create video albums, that is, to create albums with videos embedded from sites like YouTube, Vimeo, etc. The process is very similar to adding images to your albums. I suggest that you create an album for your videos, then after choosing it on the Add Media page, click the "Embed a Video" tab, paste in the url of the video you want to embed, sort out the description and voilĂ !

10. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thanks, Tal. To be on the safe side what are the rules about the videos we can embed? In particular I was thinking of the HEMA videos I like to watch. As far as I know they can be readily shared as it is free advertising for them.

11. Taluntain

Media:
    No special rules for videos so far really, in general whatever's suitable and allowed on the site should be OK in video albums too. Keep in mind that you're only embedding videos, which essentially means linking to them. Video authors can choose to disallow embedding on external sites, in which case you won't be able to embed such videos anyway. But the majority of videos are not "locked" to YT or any other video storage site only and can be freely embedded on other websites.

12. Nakia

Media:
    Thanks, Tal. Don't worry the only only favorite video which would be only appropriate for MUG is "The Legend of the Dragonborn" uncensored. :)

13. Taluntain

Media:
    Apologies to those of you who've turned off automatically watching threads and/or receiving e-mail notifications -- you'll need to do it again in your preferences. The default for all the new registrations is to have all notifications on, but our imported accounts were not modified to follow suit, so I've had to force a global change.

I strongly encourage everyone to leave at least the "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply..." setting turned ON, because it ties into the Alerts system and makes tracking what's happening on the boards in your absence much easier.

14. Taluntain

Media:
    Though this won't affect those of you who are already registered, I've now set up Facebook, Twitter and Google integration, which means that anyone with an account with any of those services can now register on the BoM via pulling the registration info from those providers, making registration even faster.

The "recommend/share" buttons for Facebook, Twitter and Google are now also available on all forum pages, making it easy to share any BoM pages with your friends.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.