1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NPC Ideas

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 3' started by Uncle Spanky, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Uncle Spanky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I don't know about the rest of you, but to me BG3 won't be BG3 unless it has some great NPCs with fun banter and distinct personalities and subquests/interactions. Can anyone list out who (new or old) playable NPCs that they would like to/plan to see?

Some of mine:

-Gorion: Mage(obviously): everyone seems to agree that the prequel will likely have the fatherly figure in his more adventurous days.
    -The Moonshades (Bently and his wife): Gnome Illusionist and Cleric hubby/wife team.
    -Nylee: Yaga Shura's surrogate mommy. Evil cleric/druid.
    -Uncle Spanky Jannson...nuff said.

2. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Some unconventional NPC's would be welcome as well, bringing back a few memories of how the BG1 NPC's had custom abilities such as Tiax( I think)summon ghast, Faldorn's summon wolf, and Viconia's cool spell resistance.

So, to really get the most out of the BG3 NPC's, a few of them would have to relate to BG1/Bg2, and they would all have to be interesting in their own right.

For example, why not a young Balduran or somebody?

Balduran(Paladin): Werewolf Island explained quest?

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I think that they should have a mix of classic BG1 NPCs as well as some of the BG2 NPCs, and then to fill the void, add some completely new characters to the NPC list.

MY list includes:
    BG1: Kivan - as an archer kit :thumb:
    BG1: Safana - as an assasin
    BG1: Kagain - as a fighter kit
    BG1: Xan - Just as a Sorcerer :thumb:

BG2: Aerie :love:
    BG2: Imoen :cool:
    BG2: Edwin
    BG2: Sarevok :thumb:

BG3: A sorcerer...maybe JCompton can sell the Kelsey NPC to Atari...
    BG3: A new drow! Viccky is nice, and Solafien is ok I guess, but someone like Drizzt would be better!
    BG3: A new race...like Planetouched or something cool like that...
    BG3: An NPC that we (the players) get to choose in a poll put out by the developers. :rolling:

4. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Surely BG3 won't be complete without a half-elven druid who can handle her scimitar. Not necessarily Lady J, but anyway ... :)

5. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Since I'm still hoping for it to follow the adventures of Balduran:

Balduran, obviously. But as a Paladin? He's a pirate for cryin out loud! Make him a fighter/rogue. Ooh, maybe with the Dualist PrC.

Dradeel. Hands down the coolest really old immensely powerful paranoid elven mage ever. Eventually. Let's see him as his younger, less crazy self.

Token Hot Drow Chick. Preferably NOT a cleric this time.

That's about all I can think of right now.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@kitrax

sarevok would probably be impossible i think. isnt he just around your PCs age? and he spent most of his time being groomed to be Rieltar's successor to the Iron Throne iirc.

Myself, I wouldn't mind seeing Thalantyr the Conjurer and Taerom Furuim from High Hedge and Beregost. IIRC they were both adventurers before retiring.

7. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Good point Kam, but he wasn't a pirate though, he was more of an explorer. Swashbuckler in 3.5E perhaps?

8. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

They need a goblin NPC. Preferably Weenog, the first ever goblin sorcerer from Icewind Dale.

The most interesting NPCs were from Planescape. A floating skull, fallen angel, tiefling, living suit of armour, burning mage... you can't get more interesting NPCs than that bunch. Hopefully BG3 will introduce characters that have unique attributes - like Haerdalis' resistances and short sword proficiencies. No NPCs from BG1 or 2 I reckon. Really don't need "more of the same".

9. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

It must be withdrawal, but the NPCs I most want to see are an older, slightly overweight, crossbow-wielding bard, a ranger with a French-sounding surname, and a knight with a huge bar tab. The knight could already be dead.

Can't go wrong with that.

10. Tiberius Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I have a feeling we are not going to see any of them. Maybe if we are lucky 1 or 2. I believe this game is going to be quite different than the other 2. Good or bad I just have that feeling. Especially reading the many posts and threads on this game already and it has not even really been talked about that much.

11. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Are you sure Rednik? It's been a while since I've played BG, but I thought the tour guide in the city said he was a pirate. Oh well. Even if he wasn't a pirate, we still need a pirate npc.

Pirates are good.

12. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    @Kam: How about Saemon Havarian? :D

13. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

@Ziad: Yeah! We need a target of our fury!

14. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I have the feeling that, if Saemon is included as a joinable NPC, most players will elect to kill him rather than letting him join.

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Actually I wouldn't mind. He was a pretty cool character imo.

Who do these refer to?

16. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Iolo, Shamino, and Dupre!

17. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Hey, it might be interesting if Volo appeared as a PC... Can't even begin to imagine what special abilities he might have. Wait, here's an idea - drunken bard song - gives you bonuses and confuses enemies if less than 3 hours after last ale ;)
    You handle it from there...

BTW, what fallen angel in Planescape, thought Grace was a normal succubus (ok, not exactly normal, but heck, who in P:T was) ?

18. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Gorion (Well if this is a prequel...)
    Jaheira (Harper chick)
    Khaled (or not)
    Jan (or his crazy uncle, one story-telling gnome needed)
    Jon Irenicus (now this is one guy an evil PC will definately want)
    Bodhi (before she became a vampire)

There should be a way to ensure that the NPCs get atleast a certain number of levels in their primary class, unlike the free for all in IWD II. An Irenicus who cant cast 9th level spells is unacceptable.

19. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

A demon that is somehow bound to your will through some kind of vow or some such thing...(lol, see "a demon race!" post in Baldurs Gate 3)

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@Shrikant
    but before they were cursed by the Seldarine you couldn't really call Irenicus evil could you?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.