1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NPC's - Encumbered with Junk...what do I do?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by adamlance, Apr 27, 2008.

1. adamlance Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Veteran

My NPC's have looted junk until their inventories are full, and now they are encumbered. I can't remove this junk (leather gloves, cloaks, etc.) Also, my main character has a non-magic copper ring that I can't drop out of inventory. I get the same message as an NPC (NPC will not drop this item). Anything I can do? Thanks! :)

2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    In general whit ToeE did you patch it. It is one of the most terrible bugged games in history. some treads here say how and what to patch, follow the instructions.

The circle of eight did many no official patching.

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I always found the best way to deal with the NPCs' idiotic looting behaviour is to get rid of it entirely. I think that component is included in the main Co8 mod and will remove looting by NPCs as well as give you complete control over their inventories. It can feel a bit like twisting the game rules, but it's better than having encumbered and useless NPCs.

4. adamlance Gems: 1/31

Veteran

I'll try the circle of 8 patches. I'm only aware of 3 official patches, and with Windows Vista, I can only install 2 of the 3 or the game won't work. As for Ziad's suggestion, "the main Co8 mod", well that's a bit beyond my ability, but I appreciate the help. Thanks!

5. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Co8 mod is great, and I don't think you should be worried about your ability. I'm playing ToEE for the first time now, and using the mod, version 5.0. I'm doing fine so far. :)
    The mod is a lot of fun and not difficult to use. You can tweak many aspects of the game with it.

Install the first two official patches, then the mod, and have fun. Just a suggestion. :p

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Sorry, I may have been a bit obscure about this.

The Co8 (Circle of Eight) mod was created by a group of fans trying to fix bugs that were left in the game after Atari decided not to release any more official patches. They then expanded the project to change other things (level cap, control of NPC inventories and so on) and added items, spells and quests to the game. You can get the mod from SP and this page has detailed instructions on installing the game, the official patches and the mod. The mod also takes care of the issue fixed by patch 3 so you never need to install patch 3 if you've got the mod.

I've not played through the final version of the mod (they're on v5, when I played through it was still v4). The bug fixes and "ease-of-use" components really make the game much more enjoyable.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2008
  7. adamlance Gems: 1/31

Veteran

Thank you very much. I misunderstood (I thought you were talking about manipuating the programming myself. I downloaded the mod and I'll give it a try!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.