1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NWN2 Multiplayer - A Land Far Away

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Rotku, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

A Land Far Away—a magical term that gives rise to mental images of exotic lands and exciting adventures. A Land Far Wway—the setting of countless fairy-tales and myriad bed-time stories. A Land Far Away—that special place that we all go to when we need to escape the pressures and vicissitudes of life—A Land Far Away.

For those who have been around BoM a while will probably have read all about A Land Far Away in this forum (before it's name change). I know it was through SP that I first heard about ALFA - as did many others. I know we've had SP members who have Admined ALFA before, not to mention a few who have built various servers. Unfortunately the connection between the two places (here and ALFA) seemed to have declined, I guess as Neverwinter Nights began to age. However, for all you old faces who played back in the good old days (looking at people like you, BTA) and for those who yearn to take that computer Role-playing experience to the next level - ALFA lives.

I have spent the last couple of hours digging through the old threads in this forum, from back when ALFA first went Live in '03 and felt I had to throw a post like this up. Sorry Tal if it counts too much like advertising - feel free to delete if so.

For those who don't know, ALFA is a NWN2 Persistent World set in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. It began in 1999, several weeks after the Neverwinter Nights game was announced, as a dream to recreate the Forgotten Realms in Pen and Paper style, using Bioware’s NWN computer game. It has been almost ten years since that first vision was conceived and the ALFA community is still going strong.

One year ago our first NWN2 server went live and we have since added a second NWN2 server with several more near completion and still others in various stages of development. Now we are well into our second year on the NWN2 platform with things still going strong. Over the last couple of weeks, I've probably been averaging about 15 hours a week or so in game - not to mention all the time spent on the forums or in chat.

ALFA puts a heavy emphasis on Roleplay and Character Development. Our players take the game seriously as we have a permadeath setting, as well as many other modifications that bring us closer to a Pen & Paper gaming experience.

Our Player and DM base literally spans the globe.

Our NWN2 Live Servers:
    The Silver Marches
    Baldur's Gate

Servers in development:
    Island Kingdoms
    Western Heartlands
    Cormanthor
    Skullport

If role playing in an online version of Forgotten Realms interests you in the slightest, I urge you to go back in this forum and read up some of the old topics about the fun times to be had:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25872

Otherwise drop me a PM here, or even head along to our website to take a look.

Finally, to finish with a quote from a thread way back in this forum:

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You're quite welcome to remind people of ALFA every now and then. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.