1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

One year anniversary of the breaking of the chains.

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by Dice, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    One year, today. Boxing Day.

I haven't written in this blog for a while but I felt I should since it helped me comb through my psyche in a significant time of my life.

I'm sick today. Actually its about day 3 or 4 of a throat so sore that I haven't been eating or drinking. Doesn't really matter though because it's subsiding and I've managed to get enough food and liquid inside to think clearly. My oldest kid tells me that I always get sick at Christmas. Funny how I don't remember that.

A year.

My children and I spent the first Christmas since seven years with my family again. Some things were the same and some things have changed. Because of some newer health issues among the group most of us didn't have a glass of wine and the main dishes were served with a healthy lack of butter and salt. One relative had a lot more children and one brother had a few less teeth. I guess those were the main differences. What stayed the same was family.

A year. In the violent past of my marriage the topic of a year of separation came up once. We were fighting badly and he stood over me while he made me look up divorce options in Canada. As poor as we were, divorce was only easier if you are separated for a year. For him looking up these options was only a game of manipulation. He would have never let me leave, and even less let me take the children.

Well I made it. I thank the people who have helped my children and I, and the ones who have given me strength. I don't know what the future holds, but I know wishes don't float you over a river of rapids. You have to fu<king swim.

2. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Congratulations, Dice. :) I still remember the blog that told the original tale.

3. Dice

Media:
    Thanks Gaear :) This site and the people on it helped me a lot this past year.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Congrats!

I caught a cold over the Chistmas break as well. Too many germ factories running around when family gets together for the holidays :)

5. Dice

Media:
    Maybe one of those surgical masks would be in order BT. ;)

6. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

A long road traveled with success Dice. Glad you made it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.