1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Operencia: The Stolen Sun - Review @ XBLAFans

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Apr 21, 2019.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]XBLAFans has reviewed the dungeon crawler Operencia: The Stolen Sun:

[​IMG]

Operencia: The Stolen Sun Review: Clouded by Imbalance

Dungeon crawling, turn-based, RPG with a grid system for movement and severely difficult puzzles. That's Operencia: The Stolen Sun. This may sound great to some and a pain to others. You're tasked with finding the Stolen Sun (kind of randomly) and get to create your own character to do so. Along the way you'll find more friends and create a powerful team. There are several levels with a limited amount of enemies.

You'll be wandering around quite a bit, so it's probably best you don't have random encounters all the time. There are many secrets to find and you could drop hours looking for them. If you've ever played games like Myst, you'll know how long you can spend trying to figure out a puzzle. Will you be sucked into a magical world of charm and find the Stolen Sun, or give up frustrated because you can't figure out how to progress the story?
    [...]

Wrap-up
    A beautiful package of a game, Operencia is enchanting but clumsy. It misses as much as it hits the target of being a great role-playing adventure. There was one glitch that was alarming to me. On Atilla's Tomb, there are sections that overheat my Xbox One X. It shut my Xbox off at least six times. Suddenly my fans would go crazy and it would power itself off. Turning it back on, I would get a message about overheating. It was only on that level but it scared me from playing on. I did battle through it hoping I wouldn't ruin my console. I do not think there is this same issue for PC players. If you're in love with the trailers and concept, you probably won't be disappointed with playing it. If you don't have the patience for puzzles that require hours of wandering around then avoid this at all costs because without a guide you'll likely be stuck in many areas. I'm torn, I really am. While I am love stricken with Operencia, I also am tormented by its flaws.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2019
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.