1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Opinions

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Barmy Army, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

ahh yes, now that my accounts have merged its harder than ever to tell the difference between Aik and myself at a quick glance :D

I'm going to have to order something from SP so I can finally get a non-gem avatar :D

>edit<
    @Splunge

just saw this:
    Location: In hiding after Bhaal became Lord of Murder when I had him sink everything into sub-prime mortgages

hilarious :D

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

This thread had the potential to become something big, and I feel like shootin' on some more fellow SPers... join in the fray.

Saber - The guy's always been fun to have around, even more so since the addition of a Rated-R SP. If for some obscure reason I find myself anywhere near Massachusetts, I just might drop by for fog... tons of fog.

Tri - Adds a healthy dose of stupidity (I mean that in the nicest way) everywhere he goes... including the Rated-R SP. Another one fun to have around. Same thing -- if I ever find myself anywhere near Montreal, GET THE FOG!

Sil - There's the incarnation of a goofball for ya! Sil's a lot of fun, especially when she does extensive weightlifting with a bottle of wine. :lol:

So three more additions to the list. Shoot away!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
    Triactus likes this.
  3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Aww, thanks DotW, that was very kind of you.

I will write my scathing report on you later (I have to go to class now :p), but here is the list of the new top 20 ACTIVE posters for those who want to write out their feelings on all (I say active because a lot of the people around in 2007 no longer post):

Taluntain
    chevalier
    Harbourboy
    Aldeth the Foppish Idiot
    Ragusa
    Blackthorne TA
    T2Bruno
    Disciple of the Watch
    8people
    Chandos the Red
    Splunge
    joacqin
    Saber
    dmc
    LKD
    Ziad
    NOG (No Other Gods)
    Drew
    Rotku
    AMaster

4. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

You'd be buying, or at least that would be my plan if I was Saber... the whole underage thing and all ;)

5. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I'll weigh in! Since I didn't get to last time for some reason.

Taluntain

The Man! I like how Tal is able to get involved in Alley discussions and not just drop the hammer on people with whom he disagrees.

chevalier

My favorite Catholic of all time! Wish I saw him around the Alleys more.

Harbourboy

A pleasant fellow, nice to get the opinion of someone from his neck of the woods.

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

A man who never is afraid to be in controversy, yet he always seems to be a gentleman about things.

Ragusa

I can fault his positions but can rarely fault his research. I've never seen someone throw so much data at an Alley - type discussion. I always think of his nick when I hear that one line from the Sheryl Crowe song: "God's little gift, is on the rag" Just because of the phonetic resonance, not that I am saying he has a male variant of PMS. In fact, he controls his temper better than most posters here. He certainly controls it beter than I do mine.

Blackthorne TA

Another gentleman poster -- fun guy!

T2Bruno

Ah, my apostate friend! Nevertheless he is still respectful to my faith and beliefs, which I think constitutes real character.

Disciple of the Watch

Disciple is the kind of student that gives faculty headaches. Smart, angry, and really doesn't give a flying <duck> about the consequences, or what others may say, think, or feel. I admire his no-holds barred outlook on life. His willingness to act on his violent urges sometimes worries me, but at the same time, his willingness to share the adventures makes for some really good storytelling!

8people

Always makes me laugh. I keep hoping that some sort of miracle therapy will come along for her medical problems.

Chandos the Red

I know exactly how to push Chandos' buttons, but I try not to do it too often. I often wonder how someone with his political beliefs survives in Texas. Despite the rare overreaction to jokes, Chandos is level-headed and passionate all at the same time.

Splunge

Splunge is a sick puppy. But he's a funny puppy, so it can be forgiven.

joacqin

Despite the fact that we are polar opposites, joacqin and I have managed to find common ground on occasion. I find myself wishing he wouldn't go quite so far out of his way to be offensive in his quest to express his passionate opinions. But I believe his heart is good.

Saber

Saber has good old fashioned common sense.

dmc

Speak not ill of the moderator! Not that there's much ill to say, as dmc is pretty much a stand-up kind of guy.

LKD

WTF allowed those frigging Mormons on the board?

Ziad

Don't know him well enough to say.

NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG's efforts to defend his beliefs, opinions and positions are sometimes confusing, but given that I share many (but not all) of his positions, I can get over that. Usually.

Drew

I always appreciate the fact that Drew is there to correct me whenever I make even the smallest mistake. It's a trait he shares with my ex-wife. Hmm. Yet he is a clear thinker who I have also, miraculously, come to consensus with on a number of issues.

Rotku

Don't know enough to say

AMaster

Again, don't know much but that his posts are always interesting.

6. Disciple of The Watch

Most of my own feelings towards the top 20, but I will revisit a few.

chevalier: I show my true colors, and suddenly, chev is nowhere to be found. Self-righteous, holier-than-thou prick. There, I said it. Too bad it had to be that way, Chevvy Chase.

Harbourcaveboy: I immensely enjoyed poking fun at Harbs back in the days... and I honestly never expected I'd become a part of his SP IWD2 thread. Harbs is an ol' stick in the mud, but the kind that's nice to have around.

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot: Don't know the guy much, but he seems a decent fella. in 4+ years here, I have yet to see Aldeth bust a gasket. A cool head like that is admirable.

Ragusa: Rags and myself have next to never spoke, so I do not know him on a personal level. Strikes me as someone very intelligent, and I respect intelligence.

Blackthorne TA: This guy is a one-man riot, and I mean that in a good way. The peanut butter thread should have it's own SP Hall of Fame induction, and the way he keeps idiots in check always makes for highly amusing reads. Neck-to-neck with dmc in the Favorite Authority Figure category.

T2Bruno: Another one who is a blast to have around. His use of satire in RRT6 made me laugh so hard I nearly passed out. :shake: :lol: :thumb:

Disciple of the Watch: Pissed off, cold shouldered SOB. Enough said.

8people: First time around, I didn't knew peeps that much. Later down the line, I'll say peeps is a good friend, open-minded -- Most people judged me when I openly displayed my LVS colors... she did not -- and intelligent. Truly, a diamond in the rough.

Chandos the Red: I actually don't know much of the guy despite having been here years. Like Aldeth, he seems a decent fella.

Splunge: Living legend. Period. If there is ever a SP Hall of Fame, this guy should be the first ever inductee, after the Pink Dragon, of course.

joacqin: I do not frequent AoDA/AoLS, so I really cannot comment on the guy.

Saber: I've seen Saber go from a plain ol silly poster to a Horny College Kid. He pulls off the part in a hilarious way.

dmc: Already covered... I think. dmc is the epitome of a level-headed mod, and is cool about it. Good call by Tal to have made him a global mod... he deserves it.

LKD: Ahh, good ol' LKD... yet another one who never fails to entertain. Having a Rated-R SP makes me appreciate some people even more than before, he's one of them.

Ziad: I actually don't know the guy that much, so it's kind of hard to comment.

NOG (No Other Gods): A fundamental clash in beliefs means we'll never get along, but I respect his intelligence.

Drew: Don't know enough to comment.

Rotku: Same thing

AMaster: Same thing

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  7. Saber

Nah, if I knew he was coming, I would get some stuff. I have high friends in places.

You must have missed the story about me going for a jog on the freeway. :p

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Taluntain - Has allowed me to frequent this site since I was 13, a very patient man ;)

chevalier - Sadly silent it seems, while I know we had our differences in outlook I found him very pleasant conversation.

Harbourboy - A nice chap :) Haven't really had all that much contact with each other, but he seems a very nice guy.

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot - Meticulous and thoughtful, is interesting to read his posts, like Harbs though, we haven't had all that much contact

Ragusa - Very amusing to read and puts a lot of thought into his posts, a pleasure to read your point of view, sir :wave:

Blackthorne TA - Elusive.

T2Bruno - A very funny man, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading his posts and reading about his family I wish him and all the T#Brun* clan the very best :)

Disciple of the Watch - An intriguing character who I enjoy interacting with very much. Shares a world view I find refreshing and different that I can relate to very easily.

8people - OMG IT'S ME

Chandos the Red - Ooh, have to think now, Generally this specimen has only been viewed in its natural habitat among alleys, a dark pace where quite often I take swift glances and am unable to distinguish clearly specific figures. From what I remember at this precise moment, can be thoughtful and provocative, though it often seems to backfire.

Splunge - I believe I have given rep along the lines of "I love you" before from some of the gems he has come out with, his humour is a pleasure, nonsensical but sharp witted with clear distinction between the cause of mockery and the actual jape itself.

joacqin - I often feel as if I rub him up the wrong way. With little clue as to how, seems very opinionated, set in his views and often a little defensive. Perhaps I merely irritate him.

Saber - A funny lad, I actually remember him from the first time he posted. He stuck in my mind, I cannot clearly fathom why, merely that he did and I have always viewed him amicably.

dmc - Good sense of humour and very fair and just. An asset to this site and the community :)

LKD - I feel that he has been very hurt and sometimes his vehemence can be a little unsettling, otherwise he is pleasant company and enjoyable to read. Also thank you for your kind sentiments :) as it is the only help available is either being banned from the country or expensive to maintain, who knows what they might discover though?

Ziad - An amusing and pleasant community member, not sure what more I can say, am used to seeing you in the chatroom and enjoy talking there but I've been pretty distand lately.

NOG (No Other Gods) - While we may not agree on many points I can often see wisdom in his views and his posts are generally meaningful and put together carefully.

Drew - Feels almost fatherly, the impression I get from his posts and responces he generates. Not that I revere him as a father figure, or anything of the sort. There is a sort of quiet contentment and stillness that can only come from someone escaping to a forum that summons a certain level of composure and subtle humour.

Rotku - Gosh, been a while since I've chatted with this feller, hope he's doing well, was always fun for a chat, pity we're opposite ends of the globe.

AMaster - Often takes an unusual stance in a topic which can lead to some very interesting offshoots of conversation, very well played. Unfortunately we rarely directly interact. I seldom post in the same topics such as the books and the alleys

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Where the F*** am I?!?!? :flaming:

Saber likes this.
  10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    :p

I thought there were a couple of people missing as well, but hey, just means someone else gets a turn first ;)

Montresor likes this.
  11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    LMFAO! That deserves some rep...but since I just gave you some, you can't anymore from me for awhile. :p

12. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    @kitrax: You ought to be #10 on the list of top spammers:

Code:
    1  	Taluntain  	17,940
    2 	chevalier 	16,501
    3 	Harbourboy 	12,232
    4 	kuemper 	8,926
    5 	Aldeth the Foppish... 	7,921
    6 	Arabwel 	7,822
    7 	Ragusa 	7,643
    8 	Blackthorne TA 	7,639
    9 	Felinoid 	7,471
    10 	Kitrax 	7,074
    11 	T2Bruno 	6,568
    12 	Disciple of The... 	6,365
    13 	Enagonios 	5,867
    14 	8people 	5,510
    15 	Chandos the Red 	5,489
    16 	Aikanaro 	5,389
    17 	Gnarfflinger 	5,376
    18 	Barmy Army 	5,309
    19 	Death Rabbit 	5,216
    20 	Ofelix 	5,190
    21 	Splunge 	5,101
    22 	Nakia 	5,019
    23 	joacqin 	4,909
    24 	Extremist 	4,366
    25 	Rallymama 	4,329
    26 	DarkStrider 	4,321
    27 	Sir Belisarius 	4,214
    28 	Saber 	4,171
    29 	dmc 	4,151
    30 	LKD 	4,085
    @8peeps: Do you work in Microsoft's helpdesk? I'm asking because your answer to kitrax was 100% correct - and completely useless. :D

13. Saber

AH! I can't believe I forgot you, Kit. Sorry mate. I don't know why I didn't write you down...

Who did I omit besides Kit? I left out people I haven't seen in months, figured that would be good enough. We can change the list if you want :p

14. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

You know, 8people, my wife has said the exact same thing. Have you been talking to her behind my back?? Huh??!!

Oh, there goes the vehemence again. sorry. But you're right. I have so much anger inside it's crazy. But I control it. Self control is the key to a happy life. Or at least, a life outside of prison.

What did you mean by "banished from the country"? I is confused.

15. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] My painkillers that have been the only ones effective for me are now banned in england, so they're really hard for me to get hold off as 'officially' they're off the market though some pharmecists still have a decent stock.

16. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Taluntain – smart, with a pretty good sense of humour. Although sometimes I get the impression that he’s just waiting for an opportunity to rule the world
    chevalier – I don’t find him at all annoying now that he doesn’t post in the Alleys any more.
    Harbourboy – not around much these days, but I always enjoy his sense of humour
    Aldeth the Foppish Idiot – of all the Alley posters, he’s one of the ones I admire most. Always insightful and never afraid to admit when he is wrong (the latter being a fairly rare commodity).
    Ragusa – I’m not sure why, but ever since he came back from his voluntary “ban” from the Alleys, I’ve found his posts much more interesting (and not at all irritating) to read.
    Blackthorne TA – to be honest, I’m not sure. Sometimes I think he can be a real dink, and sometimes I think he’s great; mostly the latter, I guess. meh
    T2Bruno – pretty smart and funny for someone from Chicago
    Disciple of the Watch – I’m not quite sure what to make of him. He seems full of bluster, but I don’t know if it’s real or for show.
    8people – I thought she used to have a bit of a “princess” attitude a few years ago, but now that she all grow’d up, she’s quite enjoyable to read.
    Chandos the Red – can sometime get a bit worked up, but mostly he’s pretty level-headed
    Splunge – DotW nailed it, except for the part about Tal being first
    joacqin – seems reasonably smart, but can come across as quite opinionated at times
    Saber – great sense of humour. I love reading his posts
    dmc – never heard of him. Run dmc, run!
    LKD – that is sooo 70’s. Oh wait, I’m thinking about LSD
    Ziad – seems nice enough, although our paths don’t cross too often
    NOG (No Other Gods) – usually pretty level-headed, although recently it seems at times like he’s filling in for Gnarff in the debating skills department. Mostly a reasonable fellow, though
    Drew – “Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious” – not really. “Calm, cool and collected” - much better
    Rotku – same as for Ziad – seems nice enough, but I don’t know him that well
    AMaster – doesn’t seem to post much, but when he does, it’s usually an entertaining read

And for good measure:

Kitrax – seems like a nice enough guy, at least when he’s wearing clothes

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'm around just as much, but I've run out of things to say about Icewind Dale 2 and Baldur's Gate, which were the foundation of my embarrassingly high post count.

It is scary that this thread is so old. It doesn't seem that long ago that it started.

18. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Wooo! Somebody mentionned me in the opinions thread! All who didn't, repent! REPENT!! :pope:

awww, DoTW, that's so nice of you, I think good thoughts about you too! But that post was so unlike you. I would have thought your way of telling us you liked our company would have been ''*bleep* off! You smeel like piss!'' :lol: :p

So I guess I have to live up to my now sillyness reputation... A ham brakes the bottle and how does the broken bitmap cough the alternative devil?

19. Disciple of The Watch

Ha! That is reserved for the morons at work.

Hell yeah, that's an accurate description... however, since breaking away from my crew and returning to my Lone Wolf nature, my behavior has switched from active-agressive to passive-aggressive. In short, a pissed off SOB with violent tendencies. I wear my anger plainly as a warning to stay out of my way, and I will only get violent if provoked. I haven't been in a fight for quite a while, actually.

As for being no-holds barred... yes, but there is another side of me -- the work persona, the one that is a subtle scheming manipulating bastard... which has began to creep into my normal persona. Straight from my bro... "The Mastermind".

I'm a smart, pissed off SOB, not a showman.

Aaaaaand, last but not least:

Kitrax: He's from SLC, Utah... the town that produced "The King of Ultraviolence" Nick Gage, so I give him credit for that. If by some obscure machination I ever find myself in SLC, keep a couple of ones cold for me... and hide the vodka, that stuff makes me go berzerk.

The mania includes the appealing indicator past the raid beneath the river... A heaven initiates w**** without the loving disco.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  20. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Ah, words of wisdom from the twin who improves the fuss.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.