1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

other shops than Kuldahar?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by uglijimus, Oct 20, 2006.

1. uglijimus Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

On the world map, I`ve reached the the severed hand (i think that`s what it was called) my characters are around 12 lvl and I still haven`t found another merchant other than the one in Kuldahar! whenever i need something i have to go all the way back there which takes something like 88 hours in game time. Are there going to be any other merchants coming up? My barbarian is still walking around with a plus one halberd and I need a new one!

thanks

2. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

The "shop" is on the 4th level.

3. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31

... And avoid to slay anyone you cross ... ! :lol:

4. kmonster Gems: 24/31

Veteran

@uglijimus: Barbarians are only available in IWD2. Level12 seems too high for a party in the Severed Hand in IWD and too low in IWD2.

Maybe you should just check what game you are really playing and where you really are and make a less confusing and error-free post.

Are you playing IWD or IWD2 ?
    Have you just started chapter3 and reached the Severed Hand ?

5. uglijimus Gems: 6/31

sorry about that kmonster, you're right. i was at work and couldn't remember the details. Don't know why I said barbarian, I meant my fighter. I am playing IWD and my character is lvl 10 and I'm in chapter 6. I'll try the 4th floor in the Severed Hand. Thanks

6. edorien Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

chpt.6 thats lower dorn's deep right?
    f so, there nym, the dark elf, and the duegar blacksmith with the deep-gnomes (go down the well just north of the entrance, and help the gnomes.

7. kmonster Gems: 24/31

Veteran

The merchant's name is Lehland. She pays good prices, for very expensive items (like robe of the evil archmagi) a few 1000 GP more than Conlan.
    If you walk the way back from Wyrm's Tooth to the entrance where you entered Dorn's Deep in chapter 4 (you can kill a few respawned Myconoids and Ettins on the way) your overland travels are 32(?) hours shorter.
    But there's no time limit in the game anyway.

You have a chance to find random halberds in Lower Dorn's Deep, but if not you'll have to buy the halberd+3 Conlan sells (in my version at least). Weapons are overrated anyway. A high-level fighter can do big damage even with a halberd+1 (unless he's facing Iron Golems which require +3 weapons).

8. uglijimus Gems: 6/31

Hey guys, thanks for the advice. I went to the 4th floor in the severed hand. It`s good for arrows and such but not for armor. Still, it`s better than going to Kuldhar.

Is Conlan the merchant in Kuldhar? If so, I must have passed up that plus 3 halberd.

I was in Lower Dorn`s deep looking for merchants, but all I found were some Iron Golems like you had said kmonster. Without a plus 3 halberd, my fighter was pretty useless. I`ve went here and there in Lower Dorn`s Deep but haven`t found anyone I can buy from yet...

9. kmonster Gems: 24/31

Veteran

Conlan is the merchant in Kuldahar. The halberd+3 in my current game might only be there in some game versions or in AB.
    The only other time in the game (including the expansions) you'll need a +3 weapon will be the final fight, it might be a good idea to keep another weapon just for this fight.

If you have the HoW expansion you can create a +4 weapon with the dwarf in Gloomfrost, just choose the dialogue option which yields a halberd.

To find the merchants in Lower Dorn's Deep you have to go down the round stairs/lift/hole/whatever ? in the north of the first LDD cave and help the deep gnomes you'll find there.

10. uglijimus Gems: 6/31

It must be your game. In mine there are +3 axes but no halberds.

Unfortunately, I'm playing the japanese version which has no expansion.

I found the deep gnomes in the Lower Dorn's Deep, thanks but they didn't have much.

thanks

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.