1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Path of Exile

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Jondar, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Jondar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

You guys are seriously missing something here. This game is GREAT!!! :D

Even though this is only beta, they did one hell of a job! Its only been out a few weeks. Their servers were pretty overloaded at first. Since then, they have put more servers online and we are being disconnected much less. (Only once today).

It is very much like D2 (modernized). I'm already in Act 2.

It's free to play! ;) (Now at least).

2. Topken

Topken Elven-dragon wizard

The name is Path of Exile not Paths and the game is suppose to Be Free to play with cosmetic micro-transactions aka different skill graphics and pets that don't do anything in game but just look good and follow you around.

3. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Awesome game. If you were disappointed with Diablo 3(and lets be honest, who wasn't?), do yourself a favor and download this. It's a good mix of Diablo 2 feel, Torchlight 2 end-game(map quests) and one of the most impressive and unique skill systems I've ever seen. Oh, and there's no in-game money, or auction house. Did I mention that it's free?

4. Topken

Topken Elven-dragon wizard

Skill system came from Final Fantasy 7 and passives come from Final Fantasy 10 Just to clarify that iLLusioN

5. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I'm aware of that, but the way they function together is completely unique. I played the hell out of 7(probably played all the way through at least 10 times), and I watched people play 10 alot...I don't remember anything like the skill gems in 10, and I know the passive tree wasn't in 7. I could be wrong...either way, it's a very intriguing system that lends itself very well to the ARPG scene.

6. kerrigan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The game itself is excellent, I love the music and general atmosphere. However, it has a very shallow endgame, with only a dozen or so maps to run, which the highest tier thereof you will never get to enjoy unless you join pubs (usually for an in-game fee). Besides, after level 70 or so, the only way -pretty much- to upgrade your items is to buy them from other players, which is a real hassle given the inexistance of a bazaar/auction house. A fine game but could have a lot more potential if devs weren't so fixated on the "trade" part of the ARPG genre, that was always secondary imo.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.