1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

People asking for X-mas lists, what can get me SoZ & Mysteries?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by SlickRCBD, Nov 23, 2012.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    People are asking what I want for Christmas. One thing I've been meaning to pick up are the other two expansions for NWN2. I have only NWN1 and MoTB.
    Which packages have the latter two expansions? I think Platinum only has SoZ. It feels dumb to ask for a new copy of NWN2 and MotB in a package, but it's easier than naming those two and only getting Westgate and finding out that you need SoZ.

So, which packages have Westgate? I've only found Neverwinter Nights: The Complete Collection.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    None of them do as far as I know. I don't think it's even possible to buy it online any more. Atari nuked it like the NWN1 premium modules. Even the link to buy it on Ossian's site is dead. Atari, as usual, royally screwed everyone involved, especially Ossian.

SlickRCBD likes this.
  3. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You will only find Mysteries of Westgate on some digital game distribution sites.
    GamersGate is one of them.

And on a side note, Mysteries is a standalone Module that only needs the original NWN2, but it is compatible with SoZ & MotB allowing you to use the new classes that come with those expansions.

SlickRCBD likes this.
  4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    GamersGate doesn't have MoW listed any more.

5. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I did find a "Complete Collection" listed on Amazon that listed everything, I guess that's the only thing with all of them then. Thanks.

6. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Tal's right! Sorry.
    I just checked again.
    Even though I did find MoW on Gamersgate...it seemed to be an obsolete page on their site.

As for the Complete Collections, take care some of them have premium modules listed, that are not in the package.

Atari, here in Germany, messed those complete editions completely up.

7. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

8. Darion

Media:
    That's the obsolete one I mentioned.

9. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Ah, my bad.

You might check Atari/Obsidian forums. Bioware forums I found links to free legal downloads of all the NWN1 DLC's that were cut off by Atari as well (people have paid for them so they had to make them available). Since the authentication for all the NWN's games has been removed there's no need to worry about having keys anymore either.

10. Darion

Media:
    Good to know...but that leaves us still without Mysteries of Westgate!

A sad faith for such a well made Premium Module and it's studio.

11. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Link please? I'm not able to find it and I might not be looking at the right forum.

12. Darion

Media:
    Sorry to necro this one....but "GOG the awesome", now offer the full NWN2 Pack including all 3 Expansions and more extras than you really need.
    Even the missing love/hate child; Mysteries of Westgate.

14 bucks.
    NWN 2 Complete :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013
    Taluntain likes this.
  13. Topken

Topken Elven-dragon wizard

Glad to see NWN2 on GOG finally. May have to snatch that one up and hope everything works perfectly with it.

14. Darion

Media:
    I was hoping they would bring NWN2 to the fold.
    No more laboring with the install and the millions of tiny patches and big expansions.

One Install; one go!

God, those GOG guys surely turned out to be a blessing many times over by now.

15. Topken

Let us know if the MoW pack works as there have been major issues getting that working.

16. Darion

Media:
    There are currently some issues around the Westgate expansion. Crashing and players being asked about authent-code.
    But the GOG-First-Aid Guys are on it.

Well, wouldn't be NWN2 if everything went without a hitch.- ;)

17. Taluntain

Media:
    It's good to see that GOG were finally able to wrest MoW out of Atari's legendarily incompetent hands so that it's at least available for sale again.

Now if they could only do the same for the NWN1 premium modules, which haven't been available for sale in years as well...

18. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Jeez - I completely skipped NWN2 based on a number of factors, not the least of which was how disappointed I was with NWN.

Given that I am currently playing Morrowind, which is certainly old and clunky, I suppose I could give this game a try. Is is worth it?

19. Topken

It is a good game and the exp MoTB is even better then the OC and then there are quite a few fan made mods out that are good such as Dark Waters for example. SO yeah its at least worth picking up if not for the fan-made stuff alone.

20. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I thought NWN2 was far better than NWN if only because the party is actually a party and the control of the members worked pretty well IMO.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.