1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Planescape: Torment: newbie thoughts

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Klorox, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I do agree with Bion but I'd want to remind you of one thing. You should be prepared to complete Planescape Torment a second time if you decide not to use any outside information before you start the game. It's extremely likely that you'll miss a big deal of the plot twists if you go through the game for yourself and might not even fully understand the plot at the end. Many I know even dislike Planescape Torment because they had in the end such a shallow knowledge of the plot and refuse to give it another try.

I myself played the game first through without any spoils and considered the game to be good but not as good as Baldur's Gate II. When I finished BGII I gave Planescape Torment a second chance and this time with a walkthrough and then I came to understand the true greatness of the game.

2. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Can't agree more with Bion: I know I have a tendency in (for example) BG2 to be pretty click-happy when it comes to dialogue so I can get on with the game. In PS:T a great deal of the game is the dialogue, so take your time and read carefully and fully.

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    When I played through the first time, I did so with absolutely no previous knowledge. When I completed the game it was great. However, I did subsequently find out I missed an awful lot, but that was to be expected.

It didnt lessen the game for me at all, and I still wanted to play it again. The next time I went through I read a bit about character generation and realised where I had gone wrong etc etc.

I can fully understand the desire to have an absolutely fresh go at it. You can still have a fantastic game. If you plan on a second run through at some point, then I'd suggest people dont even give any 'hints'. But there are a few areas which can have suggestions without affecting the game in the slightest, and will benefit you, should this be your only run.

4. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

I'll ask for help if I'm losing interest or "just don't get it."

Sorry for not responding in a while, I'm having a lot of computer problems. Hopefully I'll have a new computer up and running soon.

5. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

PS:T really demands a second play through if the first wasn't optimal. But for the sake of ruining the initial experience, its best to be left to your own devices.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

hmm, i shoulda done something like this as i just finished the game for the first time a few days ago.

course mine wouldn't be as much fun to read as HB's because it doesnt usually take me around 6months to finish a game ;) :D

finished the game within 2 weeks, wasn't playing everyday though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.