1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Political YouTube Clips Thread

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by The Great Snook, Mar 28, 2009.

1. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    This is from Comedy Central. Both parties should like it (that means it is safe for Chandos to watch it :D )

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I won't bother posting any about Bush, there's enough to fill a library...

3. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Apparently obama is upholding the tradition of presidents mispronouncing common words.
    Thats orion industries he was trying to talk about.
    "oh-RYE-on" not "OAR-ee-on", obama.
    And by the way their phone system pronounces the company name as oh-RYE-on industries.
    1-800-565-3014 for any doubters out there.

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Well at least Orion is a proper noun and thus the name could be pronounced differently (although I will concede that I would have gone with oh-rye-on). Bush just made up words completely - like strategery and thruthiness - or completely used a term in the wrong context - like saying "authoritarian" when he meant to say "authoritative". "Strategy" and "truthful" are not exactly difficult wrods to pronounce, and I think the average middle schooler wouldn't garble them as badly as Bush did. I really don't think Obama misprouncing the name of a corporation is comparable. (Or as Bush would say comparatatable.)

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, it's Monday, and I'm in a nit-picking mood, so I'd just like to point out that "truthiness" was invented by Stephen Colbert to "describe things that a person claims to know intuitively or "from the gut" without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination", particulary directed at Bush.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truthiness

Of course, none of this takes anything away from your overall accurate observation that Bush's grasp of the English language is tenuous at best.

6. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:

Like it or not, fascism is on the rise.

The Great Snook likes this.
  7. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Wow, that was pretty inflammatory.

8. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    And by inflammatory you of course mean hilarious.

9. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

My computer says that video is no longer available -- anyone care to give LKD a brief synopsis?

10. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Just Glenn Beck being crazy. Apparently the people who think Bush is a fascist are correct, as are those who think Obama's a fascist. But not the violent kind of fascism, the 1984 kind of fascism. Or something.

11. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    I have one thing to say to Glenn Beck:

...And stay the Hell off! :grin:

12. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think this guy is giving Obama too much credit. I don't see how Obama could possibly pull off the destruction of the U.S.

13. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Well, he could order the launching of all our nukes. That might mess us up.

In other news, conservatives embrace teabagging. No, really.

[You only put the video ID from the URL between the tags, not the whole URL. -Tal]

LKD likes this.
  14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Please tell me that was posted on the 1st this month... actually, both of those videos are 10 days late.

Snook, where do you dig up that stuff... Obama is a radical communist? I think that guy needs a trip to China to even begin comprehending the idea of communism, let alone RADICAL communism. And the fairy tale of Obama not being a natural born citizen, STILL? And he's not really even the president of the US?

Seriously, this is like the crazies who're still saying they're going to find those WMDs in Iraq... any day now... just you wait...

As for the teabagging - OK, I just have to give them credit for originali-tea there. Or was that hilari-tea? :lol:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  15. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Yes. They are protesting the tax CUTS they just received from Obama. The Founders would have a good laugh at them as well.

16. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Actually, they are protesting the debt they are being saddled with.

---------- Added 0 hours, 0 minutes and 59 seconds later... ----------

I thought it was worthy of posting just for its "over the top" effect.

17. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    "Who wouldn't want to tea bag John McCain?" :lol:

...well, come to think of it, I don't think I'd enjoy it much. :sick: :p

18. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Has anyone told them their protests are about 4 months too late?

19. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yes, they are hoping to eventually have the media cover the protests.

On a funnier note:

20. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No, I actually meant that if they were serious about their concern for the debt we're being saddled with, perhaps the tea-baggers would be seen as less of a joke if their protests had begun during the administration actually responsible for saddling us with all this debt. Then it would be seen as the principled protest I'm sure it's meant to be, rather than just a bunch of poorly-informed douchebags throwing a public temper tantrum.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.