1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Do you ever let friends post with your account?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Rastor, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Due to the cookies and such, many people never need to sign into their accounts. So therefore, anyone using their computer to visit SP can easily make a post under their friend's nick.

So, have you or would you ever let a friend post with your account and why?

I have not intentionally, but I was once showing a friend around the site, and he posted some information about himself under my name.

[Just remembered about the new SS forum. This should probably be there, shouldn't it?]

[ September 11, 2002, 01:22: Message edited by: Rastor ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 26 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Do you ever let friends post with your account? (26 votes.)

Do you ever let friends post with your account? (Choose 1)
    * Yes, because I don't feel like playing with the account settings on my comp. - 0% (0)
    * Yes, because they are my friends. - 4% (1)
    * Yes, because I want to increase my post count. - 0% (0)
    * No, because it would cause inconsistencies in my posting style and lifetalk on the boards. - 58% (15)
    * No, because they might get me in trouble. - 12% (3)
    * No, because I don't have any friends. - 27% (7)

2. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

No, because it would cause inconsistencies in my posting style and lifetalk on the boards.

Thats pretty much it.
    I've not been signed on to these boards for nearly 2 years, developed my personality and established myself here just to let someone else with a totally different aspect/view of life, different personality come along and threaten my reputation.

If they want to put their views across, let them go through the bother of setting up their own account. After they have set one up, they can copme on to my computer and then login to their account and post away.

4. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Don't really have any friends. A few 'mates' maybe but no real friends.

[ September 11, 2002, 17:08: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Of course NOT!
    And I don't think giving passwords away is very smart (not just for BoM, but mail passwords, newsgroups passwords and etc). You don't know what may happen tomorrow between you and your "buddy" or whomever you gave it to. Just don't pull Tal's sleave when you get kicked because of someone's "vendetta". And that is the best thing that can happen in such case.

6. Sick curtaiN Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

No, that would cause a lot of problems for me and the mods. Besides my friends have their own forums anyway...

:coffee:

7. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG] I don't trust any of my friends, they're never round my skummy house anyways. :(

8. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

My friends think I'm weird because I'm posting here and for playing these kind of games :) .

9. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] What are friends? :D :grin: I don't have any and neither would I want any right now. But after all why would I need them when I've got you guys.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I never let anyone on my username - though I think someone has...

11. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Only one knows i'm here anyway ;) And this one wouldnt know how to post anything(lack of english language knowledge :D )

P.S I hope my spelling is OK ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.