1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Favorite NPC

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Rastor, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Lord Arion IronCross Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Annah, all the way!!!

(If Sheena Easton were a demon, I won't mind if she "possessed" me!)

2. Ray192 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

seriously, I like ALL of them, except Vahilor and that burning guy, I just find the all justice thing and "firrrreeeeeeeee" plain out annoying, anyways, Morte is just dryly funny, and Nordom is just the robot guy, Annaha and Fall-From-Grace are 2 very likeable opposites, and Dakkon very interesting.

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I thought Annahs' accent was more Irish than Scottish

4. Jekknol Bok Gems: 1/31

Well I've lived in Ireland for 10 years after living in Newcastle(Near Scottish Border). And I can say with authority that Annah's accent is from southern Scotland. Near Edinburgh I'd say.

[ October 02, 2002, 01:21: Message edited by: Jekknol Bok ]

5. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

Well, Sheena was born in Belshill, Scotland.

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I stand corrected, I obviously judge by Glaswegion standards

7. [​IMG] Soul here. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I personally like Nordom. "I think, therefore I am... I think." How could you not like that? Then there's the added humour that it sometimes talks in programming code. It doesn't even HAVE a gender, and it has infinite ammo for its crossbows. Add that up to the fact that it's a Modron gone 'rogue', and you've got yourself a keeper.

Oh. Yeah.

Just for the record, none of the people on the polls are NPCs. NPCs are characters that don't join the group, not characters that aren't the player character. These are our favourite PCs.

Just one more thing.

For those of you arguing over Annah's accent, I don't know if she's Irish or Scotish, but Bioware DID realease a patch quite a while back that changed her graphics so she was dressed like... well she was dressed like a stripper. But the stripper was dressed like a leprecaun, with four-leaf clovers for weapons. Just so you know.

[ October 04, 2002, 00:23: Message edited by: The Soul Forever Seeking ]

8. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Actually they are NPC's because they don't represent the player. The player represented by the TNO. The others are NPC's because although you control them they aren't you. Yes i do know that the journal makes it seem different but i am right :p

9. Yochimbo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Annah all the way *drool* :D

10. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] The more you listen to Annahs voice - the more Scottish it sounds, though it is a sort of mix between the two ;)

(trying to play PS:T without a clue at what I'm doing...)

11. Platter

"For those of you arguing over Annah's accent, I don't know if she's Irish or Scotish, but Bioware DID realease a patch quite a while back that changed her graphics so she was dressed like... well she was dressed like a stripper. But the stripper was dressed like a leprecaun, with four-leaf clovers for weapons. Just so you know."

Yea, they also released an "Easter Egg Morte" patch too. Doesn't make him from Jerusalem (or whatever).

"Actually they are NPC's because they don't represent the player. The player represented by the TNO. The others are NPC's because although you control them they aren't you."

This is a common belief among computer gamers but it is wrong. PC is any character in the party that the player controls. You still control everything Annah or Morte does (aside from a few instances in dialog). Someone like Ravel or the Angry Hive Dwellers would be NPCs.

[ October 05, 2002, 05:18: Message edited by: Platter ]

12. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] that depends if you count PC as Player Controlled or Player Character.

I dunno who I like the most - but I voted for morte, I've also got Annah and Fall-From-Grace in my party, hoping to get more though...

13. Platter

^ You don't have Dak'kon or Ignus?

14. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

I voted for Morte, becuse he's the only joinable PC i've meet so far. :D

15. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Just asking as I've only really played PS:T for about four or five days now - where is Vhailor and Nodrom (cannae remember the names :( )

I can't get ignus, I dunno the codeword thingamibob

16. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    WOOOOH! GO NORDOM! He is so cool.

17. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Dak'kon is THE coolest NPC ever created. His voice is cool, his class is cool, his dialogues are by far te best in the entire game! I love him! :love:

[ October 07, 2002, 14:05: Message edited by: Firestorm ]

18. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

SPOILERS
    Vhailor you won't meet for quite a while, and Nordom is found inside the Modron Cube that Vrishika in the Clerk's Ward sells.

You have to talk with a couple a strange women in the Clerk's Ward while you have the Decanter of Infinite Water to learn the code word. I can't remember their names ATM.

19. Confucious Gems: 1/31

I had to pick Annah...i got a think for tails on females...plus she cool as hell. Her attitude and whole style of action, plus her past and the shadow ablilties, those are so cool.

[ October 17, 2002, 00:37: Message edited by: Confucious ]

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

RESURECTION!!! :D

I liked Morte the most, but Ignus is just so damn cool. He's the only character in a game that has ever even slightly creeped me out. awesome.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.