1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Poll - Favourite Item?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Johnd Bhallspawn, Oct 3, 2000.

1. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I have a list of weapons which worked perfectly for my assasin from my last game. At every oppurtunity I had my assasin have long sword proffincencies (spelling?) put on. so in one hand and in the other I had the daystar weapon. I had the armour which slips under your clothes i got from the underdark (if u want to know how all i did was put it in the bag of holding and brought it out later on. I think it could of been a glitch) very nice armour. i was a perfect Vampire slayer. the equalizer was brilliant against vamps, coz it does extra damage to evil creatures, the daystar also did a huge bit of damage as well.

2. Gonff Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Definetly Girdle of Masculinity/Feminity

3. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Is there a point to the silver pantaloons?

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Except for being an ongoing joke since BG1 (though they were golden there), no.
    I bet there's a good story behind it, but it's pretty internal so I doubt anyone except some Bioware programmers know the whole story.

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Yepz the Pantalon's were gold but I thought you could upgrade them with a diamond to silver pantaloons ;)

6. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Didn't it give you a better AC if you did that?
    I thought it gave you +2 AC and 100% magic resistance as well as 25% resistance to cold/fire/electricity... :D

7. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Thanks for the advice, I managed to get Iron Pantaloons - very dwarven and had a +10 AC bonus.

8. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

My favourite item is the Rod of Ressurection. sigh what a bungler I am

9. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

Of course, my favorite item in BG1 was the dead cat you got from the waterfall. In BG2, there are some goodies as well (ie. - withered hands, skulls, legs, etc.)

10. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] My favourite all time baldur item has to be the dart +5 you get from the cloak of stars, man those thingies rip through everything!:)

To answer the question about this belt of inertial disruption or something, I remember a belt like that that was for sale in trademeet, one of the merchants at the south, after you've done the quest(s) to make the merchants happy, so they sell to you.

You get like 50% resistance to magic DAMAGE and something else, it was usefull if you had nothing better to do with your money (but there always are some harlots out there ;)

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I like amulet of power in combination with robe of vecna, damn you can onload lots off spells in a VERY short time. My char doesnt even say the words all the time.

12. Silver Dragon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

A certain war hammer which raises your strength to 25. Damn hard to make though.

13. theholygit Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] i had all the best for my male assasin. weapos: equalizer in main hand (quickly stands up excited at the name) and in the other hand the long sword with sunray. seeming at nearly every level i put on long sword profiecencys (sp?) i was a monster.
    armour: the elven armour that fits under clothes. beuatiful.
    magic: book of infinute spells at summon big green thing, ring of gaax, human influence.
    I was vampire killer. the equalizer (stands up excitedly at mention of name, then sits down with a sigh) did big damage to evil creats, hence vamp=evil, and the sunray sword just does decent damage, even with the sunray set off at the begining. and the armour with the gaax ring put together (i had 2 of those, wonderful) i was on minus 8 (keeping in mind i am a thief style and putquite a bit on attack and health) I just went in and gibbed n e thing. beat that then...

14. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

importin 2 blackrazors and dualwieldin em would be...............nice :D

15. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31

dualwieldin 2 blackrazorz would be........nice :D

16. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31

nice.................... :D

17. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    kevlar0101 - Please try to refrain from posting just nonsense. I don't want to discourage you from posting here or dampen your attempts at humor, but most of your posts lately have been just a few words that repeat what's been said, repeating yourself, or really adding nothing to the thread...

18. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'm with the Wizard here. Please don't abuse Sorcerer's new avatars by spamming.

*Severly disciplines spammer by jamming a katana up his rectum and churning it about by the hilt guard.*

Next time it'll be one of Sorcerer's fireBALLS or the Wizard's puny DAGGER.
    :D :D

19. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31

sorry, had a noober on coke moment :o

20. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31

robe of vecna, very fast spellthrowin

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.