1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Poll: How Many People are Pre-Ordering This?

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by Mathetais, Apr 26, 2001.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Just curious to see how many people have already followed TAL's links to Amazon and pre-ordered POL:ROMD????

Amazon has a release date of July 4. Maybe we should set up a pool to see how wrong that day is!

2. Vinadri Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The game will most likely be released BEFORE July 4. It will definately not be released on July 4th, as July 4th is a national holiday in the US and you'd be hard-pressed to find a CompUSA open ;)

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Hmm, if I were preordering it, I'd preorder it from here. But I don't even preorder games that I am sure will be great. When it comes to this game, I'm definately taking a wait and see attitude. I still don't know how it'll turn out as I've seen lots of mixed reviews. No way I'll preorder it.

4. Vinadri Gems: 1/31

Mixed reviews? Uhh...there have been no reviews of the game yet.

5. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Perhaps my comments were taken wrong. I apologize. I've heard a lot of people talking about what they've seen of the game. I haven't read a review of the final product because, obviously, there is no final product yet. The comments weren't all glowing or positive for that matter, so hence I called all the comments I've heard mixed reviwes. Hope that clears up my wording.

6. Vinadri Gems: 1/31

Oh okay...but have any of those people actually played the game? [not just seen] :)

I've been playing it to write a preview and while there are some 3e rules that I miss (such as choosing feats) over all the game is quite enjoyable plus Myth Drannor is a cool area :)

7. Graptor Gems: 1/31

Well, what kind of 3e stuff can we expect to see from Pools? I've been kinda looking forward to seeing how the system graduates to game.

8. Vinadri Gems: 1/31

Most of the 3e rules were translated with a few things missing:

(1) You can't choose your own feats...they are assigned (this is because they switched from 2nd Edition to 3e in mid-development).

(2) Some classes are missing

(3) Cleric's don't have domains. There is also a slight modification of their spell casting ability.

Those are the three main things.

9. Dark Phoenyx Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

As nice as it sounds, the game doesn't sound worth preordering. There's no big fuss over it, so there probably will be a lot on the shelf, and for better prices. PLus, it comes out in summer and there are much better things to do this summer than stay indoors and play it, so i probably won't even get it for a while

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.