1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Most hated monster

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Vermillion, Aug 4, 2000.

1. Alienboy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Drizzit the goody two shoes making a bad name for the Drow.

2. Lord Sarevok Guest

Sword Spiders! They move so quickly you can't just run away and shoot then with arrows, and when they get to you they give you posion, as well as doing like 5 attacks per round. What's even worse is when you walk over a spider trap, and then all of your chracters are just helpless as the spiders kill you. Very frustrating...

3. kunonere Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I would have to say the most annoying Monster/Person to kill was Greywolf.

I solo'd with a F/M/T and I finally killed him after running around a small lake for 10 minutes firing about 100 arrows at him.

My success for hitting him was about 10% hence the 100 arrows to kill him.

Commando Kobolds and the Werewolves on Balduran's Ship are annoying if you don't have high level party members.

4. Lord Sarevok Guest

Also Mustard Jellies are very annoying, since they slow and disease you, have ranged attacks, hefty magic resistance, an missles don't work against them unless they have added elemental damage. And I'm pretty sure you need +1 weapons to even harm them.

5. Vinyan Gems: 1/31

My most hated monster --> Kobold Commando. My group hardly escaped from that place, very annoying creatures and exp not worth the fight. Only one good thing about them is that I don't have to buy fire arrows but killing them for that arrow is not worth anyway.

6. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I am not done with the game but so far any type of ogres or mages. Kabolds are nothing unless the have flame arrows then there in my list.

7. The Grim Ripper Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I'm playing through Bg1 Now after completing BG2. Kobolds and Koblod Captians are a pain now, but I'm so used to just chunking them, it's fustrating! They're too hard!

8. Azeroth Gems: 1/31

The Creatures i hate most are those that you cant injure. damage taken 0 and all that

critters id say spiders poison is such a pain when youre out of antidotes

9. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I had a maxed out party playing through BG1 and tried a different approach to the archaeological dig and took the sacred item and ended up getting the biggest mullering of my life by some invincible+half invisible thing that thought it would be funny to kick the crap out of me for nicking his little toy and he made me lose everything. So what ever it is i hate it!!!!!

10. Lithorn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

kobold commandos. Also, black talon elites, basalisks, ghouls, ghasts, invisible stalkers, helmed horrors, doomsayers, greater dopplegangers, flesh golems and the ultimate annoying monster: Sirens. :mad:
    Did I forget to mention hobgoblins? :lol::D

11. sorvo Guest

Yes,he was a bad ass Khazar:) A Death Knight IIRC. The scene before you enter the cloakwood mines is another tough battle I will never walk into lightly!

12. jbigdaddy Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I pretty much hate anything that stuns or can cast dire charm like spells and make me hack my own party to pieces. :(

13. FisH Gems: 1/31

Kazar, the one to wich you refer is known as a DoomSayer...
    Dreadfull opponant indeed...

When you fight him, make sure you stay away fom his melee attacks, and dispell magic => that way the Blur will go away and he'll be far more easy to hit (Blur gives a -4 THAC0 bonus).

Hit him with lots of magical arrows +2
    Wands of cold are nice, euh, and oh yeah, make sure you have a descent level... :)

I'll not say he'll be easy, but s
    still after a few reloads you might take him...

14. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I...hate...kobolds...they shall all die!

15. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I REALLY hated the Chill mercs at the Bandit camp.

16. Slayer of Bhaal Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The most annoying monster is the doppleganger because on your first time through the game you don't know which are dopplegangers and which are not.

17. Chimp ass monkey Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Damm those Xvarts ! One hit K.O. all the time ! :lol:

18. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

vampire wolves or carrion crawlers while you're soloing.

19. ender Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

sirine because of those charm spells

20. Israfel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Kobolds. I firmly believe they grow from the ground like mushrooms, only faster, because everytime you turn, THEY'RE THERE!! They just tire you in order to make the end-level fight a pain, and of course you cannot rest or they crawl into your tent and stinger you in the armpit. Plus they keep tempting your patience because you always want to incinerate them with a fireball but you can't afford wasting a spell.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.