1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Time to move NWN forums down

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Earl Grey, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] I think the two NWN forums has an undeservedly prominent spot once you come to these forums. Who here would like to see them moved down to below Baldur's Gate. Let's keep BG2 (or maybe even IWD2) on the top! ;)

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 28 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Time to move NWN forums down (28 votes.)

Would you like to see the two NWN forums moved below the BG/BG2/IWD/IWD2 forums? (Choose 1)
    * Oh yeah, move that underachieving p.o.s. down where it belongs! - 71% (20)
    * Nah, it rocks and totally rules all! - 29% (8)

2. Sirdan Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] 86% voted to move the forums down :rolleyes:
    Well, Tal its time to take care of it.. ;) :D

3. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

88% now.. ah, democracy is a fine thing. Not sure that we have it here on SP though, and more importantly, I'm not sure if I'd want to have it! :D

4. TheNovak Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'm not voting. It should be moved down, but it's not an undeserving POS... :rolleyes:

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    BG rules over NWN... mow it down!

Ara
    (Too busy spamming to make anything witty to write here)

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Newest games get added on top, so yea, I'll put IWD2 there. Anyway, this should have been posted in SS. Moving.

7. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] @Idoru
    You're quite right, democracy here on SP would be a bad, very bad, thing. What polls can do is give an idea of how people feel or think.
    An example is the polls on best kit in BG2. I'm convinced that experienced players have different and more well founded opinions than new players. Still a vote based on "It rocks!" is worth as much as a vote based years of experience and testing. :aww:

@Taluntain
    Sorry about posting in the wrong forum. Maybe now I'll look into Sorcerous Sundries from time to time. :)

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have voted against moving it down!

Regardless the fact that it SUCKS and that I'll have to let my modem 24 hours on dial-up to download such big patch, you should keep in mind that it added some pretty new and revolutionary "inventions" to RPG playing.
    Just because of that, it deserved to be on top. Well. For now. Don't get me wrong here.

[ September 02, 2002, 19:07: Message edited by: Extremist ]

9. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I think the only thing that you can say that sucks about NWN is the official campaign. Other than that, the gameplay, toolset, and DM client are all really awesome.

10. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Lol, now I am a defender of NWN because of the ability to create your own modules. So don't get me wrong. But I find it quite humorous that what you're essentially saying is "Everything about NWN is great -- except for the actual game." Too bad. Why couldn't the campaign have been just as good? Oh well.

But as for being on the top of forums, it doesn't matter to me. I make an effort to visit all the forums at least one every few weeks. And there's some I visit daily :grin: . Visual hierarchy doesn't deter that in anyway.

11. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG]
    So if newest games get added on top, how come the brilliance that is PoR2 is at the very bottom? It was only released in 2001... :confused:

[ September 03, 2002, 15:25: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Because the crappiest (or those with least forum activity) games are added to the bottom...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.